Thursday, July 29, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy.....

This time of year is so busy what with school finishing and the children being home for the 6 week holiday.  It almost catches you off guard and all schedules and free time seem to fly out the window.  As a result I have sewn the odd stitch but have barely taken a photo to show you anything that I have been working on....but don't worry, I will get pictures soon and get them posted.  I have some nice things in the finishing stages.  Meanwhile, I thought I better post something, just to prove I'm still here, but if I go quiet, it is only because I'm busy out there having fun!

What pictures I have taken, are somewhat random, but I hope you'll indulge me..I just couldn't resist sharing yet another flower picture.  I had a lovely bouquet of flowers given to me at work and I didn't realize that hidden in the bunch was this beauty.  It was a lovely surprise to come down one morning and smell the beautiful perfume!



In other news, we were back up in Stoke-on-Trent this past weekend to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday.  The whole family managed to come together, not only for an evening meal, but also a Sunday BBQ. 



The children had a wonderful time...and were filthy from head to toe to
prove it!



While the children played the adults sat by the patio heater as the cool evening air came in.  (I know for you folks in hotter climates this is a strange practice..but in the UK it is quite common..I couldn't quite get my head around it when I first moved over, but I'm growing to like the idea)



And just to add another strange sight, a picture taken on the way home down the M1...yep those cars are suppose to be facing that way! :o)



Until next time...

14 comments:

Shirley said...

You are absolutey right. My husband loves to chop up sticks to throw on the chiminea and sit there in the cold trying to keep warm!!! Have fun with the girls.
Shirley.

Primrose Patch said...

Thanks for the lovely comments, I just love your photography, I look forward to some more fantastic shots of your summer,enjoy it. x

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a busy break for you. I am sure all are enjoying it.

We use the heaters here in the evenings too. It cools off quickly.

Janet said...

What a beautiful lily!! You take the most beautiful pictures. My lilies are just starting to bloom in my garden - my favorite time of year in the garden. I can relate to being busy with the kids in the summer. It's a good busy feeling though. :0)

YankeeQuilter said...

It was over 100 F again today...the idea of having to have a heater on by the patio at night sounds wonderful!

Have fun with your girls...

Katherine said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your summer, Jane. This season seems to pass in a blur, doesn't it? So many activities and things to enjoy. Soak up as much as you can! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

Lynda said...

Nothing is better than time spent with your family! Glad you enjoyed it!

Florrie said...

Gosh, your photography skills are brilliant. I only started my blog a few days ago and am still trying to work out how to post pictures in some sort of order with the text,lol.
florrie x

Sue-Anne said...

What a gorgeous flower! Sounds like you have had fun keeping busy and I am having a giggle at Shirley's comment 1about the heater on the patio ha Ha

Jodie said...

Jane, your photos are always so beautiful...

Kitty said...

As always, absolutely beautiful images, Jane. Hope you continue to enjoy the summer. By the way - that's a fantastic cake! :) x

Cathi said...

That is an absolutely beautiful flower photograph!
Some of the restaurants with patios use those heaters in the spring and early fall so that people can still enjoy being outside after/before winter.

Thimbleanna said...

As always, your pictures are beautiful Jane. It is a very busy time -- I've noticed that blogging is a little slower during the summer -- as it should be while we all enjoy summer activities!

Leanne said...

As always your photos are fantastic. I looked at the M1 photos and didn't quite get what you meant but then we drive on the same side of the road LOL.