Monday, June 14, 2010

I like to call it "flower smooshing"

But really it is called flower pounding. My sewing group have been trying out different techniques and this time the exercise was to experiment with flower pounding.  I collected a variety of leaves and flowers to test out, but found that I was smooshing rather than pounding.  The dandelion was particularly messy! In the end, the one that produced the best result was the pansy.  As my prints were a bit hit and miss, I opted to select the best 2 and appliqué them down and used green fabric to compliment them with stems and leaves.  I have no idea what will become of this little piece...I'm thinking a notebook cover might be just the thing.

Until next time...

6 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

It's lovely Jane - would also make a nice little needle case. I must give it a go we have a garden full of gorgeous flowers at the moment.

Thecraftytrundler said...

That's lovely & must be great fun to do! Don't forget to show us the finished result!
Thanks for your comments on my blog. I can't wait until you start the house quilt too!! Please will you keep us all posted?

Happy stitching : )

Sharon xx

Shirley said...

Very pretty Jane. Must try that some time. What will you do with it?
Shirley.

Sue-Anne said...

I am a little confused, is that an actual real pansy flower that you have appliqued?

Lynda said...

Did you do the leaves as well? (I'm looking for help here, as I have yet to attempt mine!)

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Jane! One of my sewing groups did flower pounding awhile ago, but I missed that meeting -- they all had a great time though!