Sunday, June 20, 2010

Garden Life...

There has been an unusual amount of activity in my garden.  I'm not sure if it is the bird seed in the feeders, or the fact that the grass needs cutting, but we've been treated to some lovely visitors.  Below is a Blue Tit.  It is a fairly common bird in the typical English garden, but they are fast flyers and I was surprised that I managed to catch this one on the feeder.



A black bird, posing for the camera no doubt!



And a bunny rabbit!
This is an exceptional visitor...the last time we saw a rabbit in the garden was 5 or 6 years ago on Easter Sunday....The Easter bunny I presume! 
But this little one has been spotted both morning and evening for the last few days.  He's a nervous thing though and catching him on "film" was tricky!!



Lastly I wanted to share pictures of my "chicken"  well that's what we've been calling her.  I just love the way she waddles around the garden.
 Several times of day she comes to the feeder and preforms contortions to reach the seed in the feeder.  It is a most comical sight as she sets herself in the right position to dive into the feeder.  Each time she does, she fans her tail feathers to maintain her balance...on a few occasions she has come close to falling off!


What a funny girl!!


Until next time...

15 comments:

Terry said...

Love your bird pictures! In the past week I've seen two Baltimore orioles and a female cedar waxwing that I've never seen in our yard before! It was very exiting! :0)

Shirley said...

Pigeons have to be the most ungainly of birds. Occasionally they sit in the bird bath filling it up and looking like one of those chckens in a basket!!
Love the photo's.
Shirley.

Joy said...

Seeing the daisies in the grass in your last pic reminds me of my childhood - and making daisy chain necklaces!!
Gawjus pics Jane :o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Ali Honey said...

Great photos, especially the clarity of that blackbird's eye.

Sue-Anne said...

Your bird pics are lovely!

Cathi said...

What fabulous photos! The bunny rabbit is adorable. The pigeon pictures made me laugh.

Janet said...

What lovely pictures! We get rabbits nearly everyday on our front lawn and occasionally prairie chickens.

Contented Caroline said...

Lovely pictures Jane. We too have had a lot of activity, Tony and I just rescued a female blackbird caught up in net and last night rescued a pidgeon who had fallen from its nest. I saw a badger while out on a walk - as well as many rabbits and a barn owl swooping through trees. I love living in a rural area.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great photos! I was late putting my bluebird boxes up this year but this weekend saw that a family had moved into one of them!

Tammy said...

Hi Jane,
Your bird photos are excellent and I adore your bunny photo! Well done!

Kitty said...

Lol at that pigeon. As you know, I also find them very comical subjects to photograph. Don't tell your friend I said so, but I suspect they're not all that smart ;) Lovely photos - as always. x

Thimbleanna said...

Your bird pictures are beautiful! Be careful though with your bunny love. The reproduce. And then they'll eat your flowers. Our bunnies are driving me crazy!!!

Ellie said...

Your pigeon commentary did make me laugh!! We have a family of pigeons nesting in our bay tree (much to the dismay of my keen gardening neighbours).

UK lass in US said...

That reminds me so much of my parents' garden - although they never had a pidgeon coming through. I love the bunny pic - with the daisies. I remember sitting out there as a kid, making daisy chains and daisy caterpillas.

Leanne said...

Love your garden snaps. What a cute little bunny visitor.