Monday, May 03, 2010

Free Pieced letters..sort of?

I did it!!  I finally completed my words à la Tonya.  As you can see from "Lily" to the "valley" I got better at winging it and the latter word is constructed more in the spirit of the technique.  I also constructed the two "e"s at the same time as to keep them uniformed..that, I think, is slightly breaking the rules, but I couldn't help it.  My "f" turned out a little funky...but I don't have so much as a 3" square left of the "everything" fabric to make another attempt...so it is staying.




Overall, I'm glad I've given this method a try, but I think next time I might work on a smaller scale...it turned out a little larger than I had planned!!

Until next time...

17 comments:

Janet said...

They look great! I especially like your valley fabric. Do you know what you're going to do with them? Now you're going to need a new "everything" fabric :0)

Thimbleanna said...

Very cool Jane -- they look fantastic!

Ali Honey said...

Well done !

I love the photo in the previous post.

Anina said...

Lovely! What are your plans for them?

Sue-Anne said...

They look fantastic Jane.

Lizzie said...

They are fabulous Jane, well done...
Lizzie
xxx

Kim said...

Nice to try new things. I wonder how the word blocks would look if you worked them together with some applique flower blocks, scrappy strips or something ~ could be a cute garden quilt flag sort of thing for outside. Do you use garden flags there?

Ali said...

Cool! I think it turned out really well.

Shirley said...

Well done Jane, it looks very clever of you to me. Now you will have to go to Malvern to buy more everything fabric.
Shirley.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful! I love that "f"

sewkalico said...

They look very cool!

Fiona said...

They look lovely - I really like the 'joined up writing' effect.

Katherine said...

Love it! How fun and pretty, Jane. Great job!

Quilting in the Pines said...

Awesome! So creative!

Tanya said...

Fantastic job!!! Your letters are much more readable than any of mine ever turned out!

*karendianne. said...

Your letters are EXTREMELY fantastic. I love them. They make me happy, happy, happy.

Randi said...

Those are great!