Friday, May 07, 2010

Feeling proud of DD1's knitting...

Anyone that knows our family, knows that I'm the sewer and my DD1 is the knitter.  And, we have a little informal agreement...I'll sew her things and she can knit me things. 
After seeing some of the wonderful socks people have made I have, for several months, asked her to make me some, to which the reply was always an emphatic "no"



Can you tell what she is working on?  Yep..those are socks!  But they aren't for me...they are for herself..which is fine by me...I figure that by the time she has made a pair, she will fall in love with sock making and then the next pair or two will be for me :o)!

She is using a pattern from Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bunny-hop-socks---eyelet-tops)  and the yarn is Happy by Wendy in the colourway Capricorn.

Until next time...

12 comments:

Shirley said...

Good luck to DD1 on the socks. I have made a pair in that exact colour and they are divine and even more so to wear. Her feet will be so grateful as they are lovely and soft. Clever girl. Will look forward to their being finished.
Shirley.

Sue-Anne said...

What a clever girl your daughter is. I had a go at making socks, got about as far as she has and threw it in a cupboard, never to be touched again! I admire anyone who can knit with 4 needles.

Katherine said...

Oh, I love the colour of that yarn! Happy knitting to DD1!

I fell in love with sock knitting - it's portable and not as daunting as a large garment - plus I go ga-ga over self-striping yarn. Fingers crossed for you Jane. With any luck she'll love it too, and you'll get the pleasure of wearing handknit socks too.

*karendianne. said...

Oh how sweet those stitches are, aren't they? Already a mother's day present for you - watching her makes these stitches (for herself) which I agree is absolutely wonderful and fin.

Also, being a Capricorn myself, I can't help but love the color.

Kitty said...

I did a swap with a fellow blogger - a couple of monkeys for a couple of pairs of hand knitted socks. They are absolutely the bestest socks I have ever, ever owned. Love the yarn your daughter has chosen, and can't wait to see the finished items. x

sewkalico said...

oooohhhh! They look wonderful already!

silverpebble said...

Oh clever clever! Wowee I'm seriously impressed. As a woman who can barely do garter stitch I am in awe!

Clare Wassermann said...

no no they must be for me!!

Lien said...

great yarn and what a great blog love your background.

Cathi said...

Love the bright colours of that yarn! Hope you get some socks real soon! :-)

Karen said...

Hurray for handknit socks. They're awesome, and I assume if she tries them all she'll see how dreamy they are and will make some for you!

Jackie said...

You're a smart mom...knitting socks is kind of addictive. I'm sure you'll have your own hand knit pair soon.