Friday, March 05, 2010

Sorry for the unexpected break...

Hello? Anyone still out there?  I'm not sure why it's taken me over a week to post again...I guess my mind is busy thinking about other things!  Everything seems to have slowed down...not a lot of photography or sewing going on...but today I made a point of doing both.  I got 2 quilts for Linus basted...granted one of them is a small quilt..and the other is a lap quilt so they didn't take too long to do.





This is the lap quilt and I'm thrilled at how well it came together AND the dent it made in my scrap baskets.  I matched 3.5" squares with 2" strips and then trimmed them into rectangle units and then sewed those rectangles in to rows.  It is lovely and colourful!



I suspect part of my unplanned break might be due to the Olympics and the fact that I was glued to the screen watching those amazing Canadians!!  Go Canada Go!  Both the women's and men's hockey was fantastic and that last game was a perfect finish!  It has been a long time since I've been able to watch hockey on TV, but thankfully the BBC showed the entire game and I was able to watch it live!  Like many I had a little hand work on the go...though I must admit I tended to sew during "commercials"...you know the bits where they take a break and chit chat about the game..which is why I only have a little Dear Jane block to show for it! LOL  It is hand pieced and I'm thrilled with the results...just don't look at the back!  It isn't quite as amazing as this lady's piecing skills ;o)



Lastly, but not least, I found this pic on the camera that I must have taken last week sometime.  Drool...I just love making this bread!



Hope you have a great weekend!


Until next time...

18 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Jane lovely linus quilt, and I may have to do some baking now I have seen your bread.

Thimbleanna said...

Well, it looks like you've been really busy! Love the gorgeous pictures -- especially all that orange!

loulee said...

Your Linus quilt looks lovely.

Ad breaks? On the Beeb? LOL

Janet said...

Your Dear Jane block looks beautiful to me! You take such marvelous pictures.

black bear cabin said...

love those colorful linus quilts...and what a great way to use up those scraps :)
the bread looks yummie...care to share the recipe?

Needled Mom said...

That quilt will be well loved!

Your DJ blook looks awesome to me. I really want to start on those.

sewkalico said...

Love your DJ block and your Linus scrappy top!

Terry said...

Love the dear Jane block! And your Linus quilts are so bright and cheerful! Well done! :0)

Cathi said...

I realized quickly during the Olympics that there was no way I could stitch during the Olympics. I think it's amazing you got even one block done during that hockey game!

Your Linus quilt is fabulous -- lots of lovely different colours and fabrics.

Chookyblue...... said...

no need to explain disappearing for a few days.........love the photos.........

Jackie said...

I could live on bread alone! Yours looks yummy.

The DJ block is fantastic as is your scrap buster quilt.

Kitty said...

You and that lens are a match made in heaven! Loving the DoF - totally loving it.

The Olympics was an exciting distraction wasn't it?

x

Maria said...

You've made such a gorgeus pictures.
I love the first one!!!
And that quilt it's fantastic!

Lynda said...

What a clever idea to use up scraps! Can't wait to see the finished article!

YankeeQuilter said...

I got some bindings on during the Olympics...congrats to the Canadian hockey teams!

Lina said...

The Olympics were truly fantastic, so your absence is forgiven!

kjquilts said...

Hi, Jane! First let me tell you what I did to my machine. I took the bobbin case out, then the bobbin hook (they all can come out without fear)and finally I unscrewed the part behind the bobbin hook...don't do that!

Love your quilts! Especially the scrappy ones. Your Dear Jane block is precious and I think you did a wonderful job.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a cool scrap quilt! How are you quilting it??
I didn't get much accomplished during the olympics either!