Sunday, March 28, 2010

Earth Hour 2010

Last night we participated in Earth Hour and turned off all our lights from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m.  By candle light we played cards and chatted.  I also played with my camera and 50mm lens taking low-light pictures!  The only light in these pictures is from the candles.



While I was at it, I took this picture.  The current Photograph This! challenge on flickr is "eyes"..and this is my submission.  I love how the catch-lights in my DD1's eyes are from the candles on the table.  I thought it turned out to be a pretty cool shot.



Until next time...

12 comments:

Terry said...

Great photos! :0)

Jackie said...

What a great idea! It's always a good idea for the kids to get unplugged.

Cathy said...

Very nice pictures! How special to do this. When I was a child I would insist my mother turn off all lights and live as they did in the 1800's. In some ways, we should practice this now. I think to unplug is good for the soul and spirit!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great photos! We celebrated also with a family games night.

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful pics Jane! And guess what? I found my green light! thanks for the tip -- and my favorite non-auto macro lens thanks you too!!!

Lynda said...

What a lovely thing to do! (Unfortunately I was doing the ironing at the time, so needed the electricity for that job!)

silverpebble said...

This image is so great Jane - beautiful eyes on that young lady

anne bebbington said...

Gorgeous photos - especially the one of your daughter

Kitty said...

I am loving the DoF created with that lens - so lovely. It's nice to do without electricity sometimes - makes us realise how much we use it. x

Lucy said...

Oh wow, Janet. You are very talented in taking pictures

black bear cabin said...

great shots...i love playing around with my camera in low light...but how did you get your daughter to sit so still? :) heheheh

Karen said...

Lovely pictures. AMAZING shot, I don't think I could get that in such low light (of your daughter.) I was inspired and I joined the flickr group!