Sunday, January 24, 2010

Slow and Steady...

It seems like I'm constantly juggling life at the moment and that I only get moments of time to work on things... but slowly I'm making progress on this doll quilt.  I decided to go quite scrappy in my fabric choices and as a result I've cleared a little room in the 1 1/2" box.  One thing I forgot about when working with these size strips is just how heavy the resulting blocks are due to the seam allowances.  It had been my hope to hand quilt it and I've pressed my intersections open to help matters, but I might wait till I've assembled it all before I make that decision.



In other news, it was Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters this weekend.  If you fancy seeing the latest hop on over.  I have recently discovered that there is a RSS feed for Rocheberie's latest pictures...so if you do use a reader and want to keep up with the news, you can subscribe HERE.

Until next time...

15 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

photos look wonderful...as always!

blocks look good too!

silverpebble said...

Your little doll quilt looks beautiful - I'm fascinated by miniquilts like this.

Jackie said...

Beautiful! I have not had the courage to work with my 1.5" block yet - they are SO tiny. I had not thought of the heaviness of all the seams. I love the look of miniquilts and am looking forward to seeing more of yours!

Louise SS said...

Really pretty little blocks 1

Maria said...

Hi! this mini quilt is great! If you don't mine I'll include your blog to my list of blogs.

Janet said...

Your little blocks look so happy and colorful. I can't wait to see your super scrappy quilt. I can't decide between hand or machine quilting mine either - it is a bit thick in places and I didn't think to press seams open. I believe Lori is hand quilting hers.

Jackie said...

Very cute mini quilt! The other thing too in mini quilting, is there is less room for error!

Kim said...

The Little Quilts are a challenge ~ small does not equal less work or easier than the larger quilts. I've been working on a little quilt for two days and still not done and I'm machine quilting it! Yikes.

Maria said...

Thanks Jane! I've gone to the Fabric Guild two times. But now in their web it says you have to receive an invitation by post before going. So I'm waiting this invitation. I'll visit your blog often!!!

corry said...

Tiny squares...lovely for a dollquilt! Great pictures!

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful pictures, as always Jane! It looks like you're having fun with the patching too -- they're so cute!

Gina said...

Bit late now I know but it might be worth trimming the seam allowances down to an eighth. That should reduce some bulk

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Kitty said...

Wow - I am seriously impressed by those pressed seams! It's going to be such a lovely little quilt.

As always, wonderful photos. x

Lori said...

I can't wait to see CC&C done up so scrappy! I think I'm going to love it!!

Lina said...

Such neat stitching and pressing!