Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Further sewing going on...

I think the sewing bug is kicking in. I'm not sure if it is because of all the snow or whether it's because somewhere in my head I've decided to get more sewing done. In any case I'm just going to go with it! There has been a bit more applique and another block is completed. These are nice easy shapes...nothing too taxing.



Also, parts 1 and 2 of Cheddar Cheese and Crackers are completed with Lori's doll-quilt-a-long.  I'm all set for part 3 and the final assembly.  I think once it is done I'll hand quilt it as it will be a quick project to finish and will give me some hand work to do while I wait for DD2 at ballet.





Until next time...

14 comments:

Béa said...

I can't wait to see your version of Lori's quilt, finished. Beautiful colours.

Gina said...

Looks great

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Kitty said...

I wish your sewing bug would infect me ... would you breathe on me or something? I have ideas. I have stash. I just can't get started!

Loving what you showed us though - it all looks so gorgeous.

x

sewkalico said...

So glad you've got the bug too! And your photos in the previous post are gorgeous!

Needled Mom said...

Looks and sounds like you are enjoying your time. Very nice!

Jackie said...

Wonderful happenings since the sewing bug has bitten.

black bear cabin said...

lots of pretty colors...and i love your new photo "stamp"!

Heleen said...

Looks wonderfull so far.. can't wait to see more!

Lori said...

I love the applique block you have started and the cheddar quilt looks very happy and cheery! I can't wait to see them both.

Lynda said...

The applique flowers don't look that simple! And the curves are beautiful!

Shasta said...

I've been in a sewing mood lately too. Your applique looks wonderful. Great colors you have chosen for the doll quilt. I am making the quilt too, and am planning on handquilting too.

toni said...

Please send your sewing bug to me... I need it *smile* maybe mine was killed off when I had my swine flu shot???? toni xxx

Tanya said...

Beautiful, beautiful, all beautiful. I love to come over to your blog just to see the fantastic photography of things similar to what I see everyday. You have such an eye! Your blog is a JOY!

Karen said...

Very nice pieces! The applique looks great.