Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The decorations are up and the cards are sent...

I have finally caught up on the early Christmas chores of the season.  The decorations are up, the cards are sent, the teacher's gifts are bought and wrapped and I can finally breathe a little sigh of relief...at least for a day or two. :o)



My daughter, who is as passionate about knitting as I am about quilting, made me this lovely English Christmas Pudding for the tree.  I was absolutely thrilled with it and will hang it on the tree for years to come with pride! 



I, too, had a go at making some decorations.  These little birds are made from the Patchwork Pottery pattern designed by Laurraine.  If you fancy a go yourself, you can find the pattern on her ETSY shop and read her blog HERE.  Her work is just beautiful!





Lastly, I thought I would reveal the answer to the riddle in my last post.  This is what was under the presser foot and is now under my Christmas tree!  I have been meaning to make a tree skirt for a number of years and this year I decided it was high time I got it done...of course starting on a tree skirt in November does provide a challenge or two and I very nearly didn't have it done in time.  Well, I say in time, in time according to my children!!




Until next time...

27 comments:

PatchworkPottery said...

Jane! Your birds are fantastic! You are now inspiring me to whip up some more for my tree!!! Have a great Christmas! Big Hugs, Laurraine

loulee said...

Love your tree skirt.
Don't you just love decorations made by your kids?

YankeeQuilter said...

The tree skirt came out great and I just love the pudding ornament!

Terry said...

Your decorations are looking good! The photos of the lights look great! :0)

cozy quilter said...

I have a homemade skirt under my tree too! Good for you getting it done on time! I love your little birds too. My husband's grandmother always said that there should be at least one bird in the Christmas tree!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

beautiful tree skirt! I should make one for our tree. I always just wrap a yard of fabric around the bottom and call that "good". How sad!
A tree skirt is on my list for next year!!!

the birds are adorable.

Thimbleanna said...

I LOVE that adorable Christmas Pudding ornament! And Jane! Your new Christmas tree skirt is just beautiful!!!

Needled Mom said...

I wish I had my cards done!

Love the handmade ornaments. The pudding one is just precious as are the adorable birds and tree skirt.

Jackie said...

Your and your daughters hand made ornaments are just so cute! Maybe next year I'll get some done for my family.

Kim said...

This family crafted Christmas tree with it's bright and cheerful ornaments is delightful, cozy and bright. A keeper of family memories for years to come. Merry Christmas, Jane!

Heleen said...

I love your treeskirt have never seen it before like this! Your ornaments are lovely!

Contented Caroline said...

Hi Jane, the tree skirt looks fabulous and love those little birds. We haven't decided if we are doing the 'tree' thing this year - hubby's feeling a bit 'scrooge' like!!!

Lina said...

I love her little pudding, how perfect! And the tree skirt is beautiful...one day I'll get around to making one of these!

ladydi said...

Your Christmas tree skirt is lovely, and something you will enjoy for decades. I don't know why I never thought of making a square skirt for the tree. I find round much more intimidating, and I LOVE your beautiful quilt skirt.

sewkalico said...

Did I really read 'the teacher's presents are bought'???
Love the pudding!! And the birds too!

UK lass in US said...

The decorations and tree skirt look lovely. Well done for getting it done on time.

Shasta said...

Everything looks great! I haven't even started with the decorations. The tree skirt is wonderful.

Lynda said...

Decorations which can bring good memories down the years are the absolute best!

Catswhiskers said...

beautiful photos and I love the little birds.
they look stunning

Katherine said...

Love those handmade decorations and the beautiful tree skirt Jane! Well done.

vintage girl said...

I love your birds,too.
Laurraine is great inspiration for us.
Congratulations,pretty crafts.

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Love your daughters christmas pud, it's perfect. And your birdys are soo cute. Have a fabby Christmas.
Luv Sophie xxx

Karen said...

Very lovely ornaments, all. And I very nice tree skirt. I think it's in time; Santa hasn't stopped in yet.

Kitty said...

That tree skirt is very special indeed - I love it. x

Aunt Spicy said...

Oh, I adore your blog! Thanks for leaving the kind words on mine...just so I could spend quality time looking at all your lovely projects! One of the benifits of a hurt foot, I have plenty of time to read blogs :-)

Aunt Spicy said...

Opps, meant to add I adore the tree skirt! Adore it!

Lynda said...

Christmas is the time for traditions, and your decorations will bring happy memories for years to come!