Friday, November 27, 2009

Symmetry Challenge

The Photograph This! Flickr Group's new challenge is symmetry. These are my favourite three of the five photos I submitted.  They were all taken in the town centre of Rugby.  It's amazing what you can see when you are looking for it! LOL

Symmetry challenge 5

I have always admired the architecture of the building above.  Such detailing in those columns.  The picture itself was cropped and a texture added in Gimp.

Symmetry challenge 1

These are the back doors to St. Andrews Church in Rugby Town centre.  I love how the morning sunlight caught the shapes in the wood.

Symmetry challenge 2

This has to be my favourite of the bunch.  I made it black and white and then colourise it with a sepia tone...nice and moody and old looking :o)

Until next time...

14 comments:

maria said...

Fantastic photos. You have an eye for picking out great shots.

Di said...

Jane, your photography is exquisite, as usual. What camera do you use?

Gretchen said...

Lovely architecture photos. I am hoping "santa" will bring me the new Adobe Photoshop Elements for Xmas and also some extra free time to play with photo editing :)

Jackie said...

Just gorgeous photos! The architecture is wonderful.

jodi @ Pleasant Home said...

Simply Fantabulous photos! Love them! I never tire of seeing where you live. ;o) Thank you.

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Beautiful photos. Such crystal clear details too. A pleasure to browse.

Diane said...

Just gorgeous!

jovaliquilts said...

I just came back from visiting my DD in NY, and I wanted to tell you that I thought of you a couple times as I took photos -- yours are so wonderful to look at.

Thimbleanna said...

Just Beautiful Jane! I especially love that third shot too!

Kim said...

Hi Jane! It's good to hear from you and knowing that you are busy enjoying life, taking more photography lessons and sharing the fun here. I especially like the out of focus raindrops. Very pretty! The stack of charm squares for friends is a good idea and pretty tied up in a ribbon.

Jackie said...

Wow,wow,wow!

I love them all but we have the same favorite one.

Leslie said...

this is lovely. thanks for entering my giveaway. good luck

Karen said...

I like the first two but WOW that last one! Amazing! Sounds like a fun group. I've always wanted to find the alphabet in everyday things. So far I have M and 2.

Leanne said...

I love 1919