Monday, November 09, 2009

Bonfire Night 2009

Over the weekend we celebrated Bonfire Night.  We got together with some friends, had hotdogs and roasted marshmallows over a BBQ.  This bucket BBQ was perfect and it was a great way to keep warm!  Who needs a patio heater!?



Although this bolt of light is going up, I thought it almost looked like an alien hit from outerspace!  I love taking pictures of the fireworks as it captures what is too fast for the human eye to see.






Until next time...

10 comments:

Gina said...

Fabulous photos

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Marls said...

Great pictures. here in Australia Guy Fawkes is not celebrated but on the night we had the most mighty lightening storm it was certainly like a fireworks display!

Joy said...

Awwww pretty fireworks, memories from my childhood in UK!!! I remember Guy Fawkes night ... do you still do "Penny for the Guy???".
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Karen said...

Looks like fun!

YankeeQuilter said...

I loved celebrating Guy Fawkes when I was there...even introduced some of the village kids to some-mores!

Thimbleanna said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun. When I took my parents to the UK several years ago, we unwittingly planned our return for Nov. 6th. What a happy surprise to have fireworks for the last night of our trip!

Kim said...

We have bonfire night (fireworks) when we celebrate the 4th of July. Here in Minnesota, a bonfire means a pit or very large stack of wood burning and roasting marshmallows of course. Thanks for the fun, Jane!

Catsngrams said...

Wow what awsome pictures.

JuliaB said...

Fantastic photos! (as usual! )... xx

Lynda said...

I loved looking at the photos, and was glad my nights of standing in a soggy field with freezing feet and over excited children are behind me!