Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Ramblings...

Over the weekend we visited some friends for Sunday lunch and while I was there I snapped a few photos from around their home that I thought would be interesting to share. 

They have 4 chickens which they keep for eggs...here is just one of them that I managed to catch on camera.  It wasn't easy as these birds never stay still!!



In their kitchen they had this lovely ceramic chicken..just as cute as the real thing ;o)



On the front of their house which dates back to 1836 they have a RoyalMail mail box which is still in use.  Apparently there aren't very many boxes that have V R on them from the Victorian Reign (most have G R from George V or E II R from Elizabeth II)  Just a little piece of history that you just don't see everyday.



Many thanks to D & S for letting me snap away... :o)

Until next time...

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Great pictures! I love that mailbox.

Sipiweske Quilts said...

Love your photos! I've been through a few pages on them and they are all so colorful and clear. What type of camera are you using? - Marlene

Joy said...

Oh I love the girls playing in the chook shed behind your piccy of the chook!!! How fun for them :o). Gorgeous pics Jane, and I LOVE the quilt you did for Linus too:o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Heleen said...

Great pictures! love the chicken!!

MARCIE said...

Love those mailboxes! Thanks for sharing. I would never have figured out what the initials meant!