Friday, October 30, 2009

Quilt For Project Linus

Another quilt completed for Project Linus. The blocks are choppy stars à la Buggy Barn style and the quilt is sashed using scraps of blue fabric from my 2 1/2" scrap bin. I'm really pleased how this one turned out.  The pink fabric used in the borders was one I got from Lynda from the Linus fabric bin.  I thought it went well with the stars..bright and cheerful!




I machine quilted around the squares and then did some big stitch hand quilting in the stars with some crochet cotton that I picked up at the car boot for 50p.





Until next time...

12 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

It's a wonderful quilt! I really like the touch of the hand done cotton stitching around the stars.

Needled Mom said...

Nice job. I, too, love the hand stitched stars.

Daisy Cottage said...

Hi Jane!

I just added your blog - under "Sew Create It"

Thank you so much for sharing!!

xo,
Kim

Andrea said...

Beautiful - I love scrappy stars. Some little person will love this xx

sewkalico said...

Wonderful! Love those stars!!

Thimbleanna said...

Very Cute Jane -- Love that big stitch quilting!!!

anne bebbington said...

I love this star method and have used it so many times - minimum effort for maximum effect - yours looks great - just right for kids

metrosupialdesigns said...

I love stars. They are next on my list. This quilt is going to make someone very toasty and happy.

Lynda said...

This looks so bright and cheerful, Jane - perfect for a Linus quilt!

be*mused jan said...

Project Linus is such a wonderful cause! I worked on group quilts for them when I lived in Cleveland and donated bags of fabric to a group in Indianapolis when I lived there. I didn't know they were active outside the US.
I'm sure someone will be delighted to receive your lovely star quilt!!

Primrose Corner said...

Love the stars and how you picked them out with the crochet cotton.

Karen said...

I like the big hand stitching. It adds to much!