Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Photos

The past weekend I took the children for a walk in Coombe Abbey near Coventry. The colours are always so pretty at this time of year.



After seeing some pictures on flickr using textures to enhance pictures I thought I'd have a go too.  The effect is very subtle on the picture above but I think it adds something to it.



In this picture I wanted to highlight the golden leaf so I darked the leaves around it and the edges of the picture to frame it.



You wouldn't know it, but right after I snapped this picture my DD2 fell off the log!  I literally managed to capture a moment in time! LOL
This picture was enhanced using a Gaussian Blur effect.
 
Until next time...

15 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

Lovely photo's Jane - I love Coombe Abbey at this time of year -it has to be my favourite place.

Vik said...

Great pics, love the first one. The trees are amazing and the autumn colours are beautiful.

cozy quilter said...

You take beautiful photographs. I love taking pictures too--my camera goes everywhere with me. My daughter thinks I'm crazy and annoying for taking so many pictures but many of my pictures end up on her facebook page, so I guess they are not all bad! I love your new haircut too.

Jackie said...

Just gorgeous fall foliage photos!

jovaliquilts said...

Really lovely photos! You must have used the special effects just right because the photos really do what you want them to.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh Jane! I love it! Your photos are gorgeous -- thanks so much for sharing them with us.

Heleen said...

great colors, great pictures!

connie said...

I want so much to run through those leaves. I love fall and ours is not that beautiful. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos.

Anina said...

Beautiful photos as always!

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous photos as always!

Georgianna said...

Wonderful photos! Perfect work enhancing the leaf and love the gaussian blur on the log shot. So lovely to see images from autumn in England! Thanks for visiting me, too! :) – g

UK lass in US said...

Beautiful. Now you've gone and made me all homesick...

Lina said...

Stunning photography! PS Love your gift idea of a wooden spoon, apron and cook book for girls!

Leanne said...

As always Jane great snaps.

Stephanie said...

Love the Fall photos. My very favorite season...