Thursday, May 14, 2009

A little round up...

Whoosh!  That's just how this week has felt.  I can't believe tomorrow is Friday and I am only just now getting around to telling you what I did last weekend! :o)

First I have to say a HUGE thank you to you all that left comments in my last post about my Etsy Shop.  I have had a few orders which has been very encouraging and I've had some lovely emails that have been so supportive...many many thanks!

Last weekend was the May meeting for Rochebeire Schoolhouse Quilters.  Our speaker was Shirley Bloomfield who is renown for her exquisite Baltimore style applique.  It was a real treat to hear her speak.  Pictures from the meeting are HERE

I always look forward to Rochebeire because as well as a speaker there is plenty going on to inspire.  Lynda (who is a Project Linus coordinator) brought along tops that needed quilting.  Here are a couple that I thought I might try at some point to try and slim down the strip baskets.  Both don't rely on values, but rather the mixture of several fabrics that all play nicely together.





In order to display them she had Liz hang them from the gym frame in the hall.  Now I knew Liz was talented, but you should have seen her on these monkey bars...puts Spiderman to shame ;o)  I of course was at the ready with my camera (much to Liz's disgust) and captured her talents! Sorry Liz...just couldn't resist! :o)



Until next time...

9 comments:

anne bebbington said...

I do like fabrics that play nicely together - rather like children really :o)))

Janet said...

I like those scrappy quilts too! I sure enjoyed the link to the Shirley Bloomfeild quilts - thanks!

Valerie said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I love that scrappy quilt!

Kitty said...

Fabulous quiltage going on in your world. And well done Liz for climbing up there! x

Rafael's Mum said...

Your cards arrived in good order this morning and they are FABULOUS!! I wondered what they were like but apart from the photos being brill (which we all know about) the postcards (with envelopes) are of very good quality. Real professional job. Thanks so much Jane. I'll be getting some more !

Sarah Jayne said...

That quilt top looks rather familiar. LOL

Lynda said...

It was a lovely day! By the way, who is that old woman cutting wadding?! Oh, no - it's me!

YankeeQuilter said...

Quilt gatherings can be so much fun! Love the scrappy quilts!

W. Latane Barton said...

Great stash reducer!! I have a ton I need to get rid of. So, maybe, when I get some UFOs finished.