Sunday, March 29, 2009

Don't let the blue sky fool you...



Looks like a warm sunny day...but the winds have been from the north and have been bitter over the last few days...Oh Spring, don't you know we're into British Summer Time!

Luckily I had something fun to keep me busy indoors.  This past Saturday Chris and I organized a Mystery Quilt Day for Rocheberie Quilters.  I designed the quilt and Chris ran the day.  Everyone that attended looked like they were having fun and kept busy throughout the day.  Chris did a fab job keeping everyone on track.  (To see more pictures click here.)  To keep their strength up the committee made sure there were plenty of cakes to keep them going ;o)
Just look at these yummy cupcakes that Caroline made...



Another delicious looking cake...



Laura from Little L's Fabrics was our trader ...these threads were hard to resist.



Liz demonstrated some stitchery...



And lastly...just look at this lovely machine.  One lady was using it to piece the mystery quilt.  It did a fantastic job humming it's way through the day!



Oh what's that you say?  Where's the picture of the mystery quilt?  Well I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little bit longer.  You had a sneak peek here...and as soon as I get the remaining stitching done I let you see it.

Until next time...

18 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your photos are all beautiful - especially the first one! Looks like you all had a lovely time sewing! Lucyx

Contented Caroline said...

Gorgeous photo's Jane. I very much enjoyed chatting with you on Saturday - must meet for a coffee sometime. Can't wait to see the finished quilt with stitchery.

Fiona said...

Lovely pics - that sewing machine is exactly the same as my Mum's - she has had it since new in the 1950s.

Library Gal Quilts said...

Hello Jane, We too have had blue sky and a tornado of winds...the trees are sideways and blowing flower petals everywhere. It is cold, but incredibly clear and I can see the coast ranges today.

Lynda said...

It was a lovely day yesterday and so many people thanked us/you on the way out, and asked if we'll repeat it next year! (No pressure there, then!)

anne bebbington said...

Those threads look good enough to eat - wish I lived a bit nearer to Rugby! We had glorious sunshine here too - I drew the football straw with Nick today as I'm full of cold and didn't fancy a round trip to Exeter with the girls - it was lovely watching with the sun on our backs but boy that wind was nippy when the sun went behind the occasional cloud - due to warm up later in the week though!

Joy said...

That's a gorgeous little sewing machine!! I have a Singer Featherweight that I can take easily to quilting - I love it!! It's dated September 1951 and it cost the first owner 43 pounds, eight shillings and 9d in Australian funds (I have the original receipt - how cool)..... and it sews like a dream :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

YankeeQuilter said...

A day of sewing and sweets...how can you complain about the weather on a day like that! I brought home one of those little singers...I used it while I was in the UK and couldn't part with it when it came time to move home!

summersadie said...

Those threads *are* fabulous!

Katherine said...

Your photos are always such a treat, Jane. Vibrant and tempting, they are!

Connie W said...

Looks and sounds terrific!

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Those threads are gorgeous!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are a tease!
Looking forward to seeing what you created for the mystery!
Love the threads photo!

Tammy said...

YUM, do you have recipes for any of those delightful goodies you showed us??

Sarah Jayne said...

Lookslike you all had a great day. I'm so sorry we couldn't make it this time but I'm sure we'll be seeing you in May.

Helen in the UK said...

Looks like a great time was had by all!!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog yesterday :)

julieQ said...

Love your pictures, each prettier than the next!

EJ180 said...

Jane, can you please tell me what kind of thread you have pictured? I am really interested in the multicolored thread. I'm doing an applique project this exactly what I'm looking to use. .