Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Another Linus Quilt Done and a Pretty Picture

Remember that pile of binding?  Well, here is the scrappy quilt I used it on.  Last week I put on some tunes and I finished quilting another quilt for Project Linus.  I have 2 more that are basted and ready to go...



I just love this variation of the meandering stitch.  Long and thin...it is one I will try again!




Lastly, I wanted to share this chance photo I took on the weekend.  I was just dropping my daughter off at a party, when I felt as though I was being watched...  :o)


Until next time...

14 comments:

Contented Caroline said...

Well done on completing your linus quilt - I'm doing one in that style in all lilacs. Lovely piccie too.

Lynda said...

The Linus quilt looks great! I like the diamonds in the stripes - it gives it movement. And the quilting looks easy but effective!

loulee1 said...

That meander looks great. I like easy quilting.
I wonder if the horses name is Dan? LOL My security word is gatedan.

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely quilt stitch, and such a great way to use up the leftover binding strips. Beautiful photo of the horse.

Jackie said...

Great idea for the leftover bindings. What a lovely horse.

Susan said...

The quilt is cute and the meander quilting looks like something I need to try. That is a great picture/
.

rachel griffith said...

great linus quilt.

and awww...he's SO cute.
i love that picture.

Libby said...

The scrappy binding is a perfect finish!

Suze said...

Good meandering stitch. I might just give it a try.

Thanks for the binding tip.

The Quilt Buddy said...

Wow! Who would have thought that a bunch of binding strips could look so good.

I love your quilt and your meandering. I'll have to try both of them.

Thanks for sharing.

Thimbleanna said...

What a great way to use scraps. And a Beautiful horse picture Jane!

Katherine said...

I had been waiting to see the project that would have your gorgeous scrappy binding on it. Well worth the wait ;o) It looks perfect on your latest quilt, along with your meander quilting. Awesome job, Jane!

sewkalico said...

You've been busy! Well done on the finish!

Lori said...

This picture is just pure loveliness!!!