Wednesday, February 18, 2009

12 pictures of Camden...

It's been a busy few days as the children have been off school for half term and the DH has been off work to spend some quality time with us. It's been a really special time. The children have been brilliant and have really been game for these little adventures.

On Sunday we drove down to Camden Market in London just to look around and take in the sights and sounds. These pictures don't tell the whole story...but it is a most fantastic experience with live music and the smells of many many different foods. I hope you like these pictures...







As you can see it is a very busy place...





The pan in the center was about a meter across...hmm don't think that would fit into any of my cupboards!



Everywhere you went there was food...the smells were divine!!





Lots of fabrics, patchwork and fashion...



Outside one shop there were these giant metal statues...amazing!!



Oh...did I mention the antique markets?  Look at this old gas pump...LOOK at that price!!





Fantastic atmosphere and so much style to look at!

Hope you enjoyed the little tour.


Stay tunned tomorrow for the next 12 pictures of...

Until next time...

19 comments:

Idaho Quilter said...

Love the tour, I can only imagine the sounds and smells, thanks for sharing, I am looking forward to the rest of the tour.

Thimbleanna said...

It looks like fun Jane! We debated about going to Camden when we were in London -- now I wish we'd gone there. And I LOVE your siggy blocks -- thanks for showing them -- I need inspiration!

Christy said...

Great photos Jane! I can't wait to make a trip across the pond again soon. I don't think we'll make it to London though. I'll have to settle for the market in Uttoxeter. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun i wish i could travel there to visit and enjoy all the sites and sounds and the food looked
tooo yummy....
have a great day waiting for the next post of pics
ter

DebMc said...

Love the tour. I miss living in a country where people walk so many places. Beautiful shops and wares.

I discovered your blog sometime before Christmas. I must tell you that I enjoy the flavor of England I get from reading it.

distelfliege said...

I enjoyed the photo tour very much! I wish I could have been there too!
great market. The huge frying pan is amazing.

Suze said...

Wonderful tour. Wish I could fit into one of those little beaded outfits............

Thanks Jane

katelnorth said...

Great photos - have I mentioned that DH works in Camden? I love the market. I bought DS a lamp shade from that very vendor!

Joy said...

Thanks Jane, what fabulous piccies!!! That's definitely going to be on my "to do" list when we visit UK next year. It looks like great fun :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

paula, the quilter said...

It seems most exotic and colorful! Nothing like that around here.

lovestitches said...

that looks like fun! And the first thing I noticed was the gas price LOL!

rachel griffith said...

oh i love the lantern picture.
:D

they are all really good.

sewkalico said...

Great photos! SH & I have very fond memories of Camden (we both used to live nearby)

YankeeQuilter said...

The food in the little courtyard by the canal in Camden is wonderful! I remember in the 80's that area was a little funky and at times a bit scary! Our visit there last year was much more sedate!

fun photos!

jovaliquilts said...

Jane, I love your eye! What wonderful photos -- really feels like a visit. The hand serving from the steaming wok is just a fabulous photo!

Fiona said...

Love your photographs of Camden - the last time we went my husband was taking photographs when he was told off by one of the stallholders who said that they didn't allow people to take photographs! DH was not amused.

Deb said...

What a fabulous set of photos, the colours are amazing and I feel I can smell what was cooking, Thanks for Sharing.

Lynda said...

I love markets, and Camden is always a treat! (I hope you held onto your purse really well!) You rerally gave a flavour of the place.

Catherine said...

Wow -- that must have been almost sensory overload!! What an amazing market!