Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something to be learnt from every picture...

Lisa Jo over at Life at the Black Bear Cabin tagged me to show the 6th picture from the 6th folder on my computer and explain the story behind it.  This was actually quite hard as my pictures are located on several different places on the computer and depending how you sort them the results could be different...in any case I took it for what it was and this is the 6th picture in the 6th folder...

I know it doesn't look like much...but actually there is something to be learnt from this odd photo.  This picture was actually taken by my DD2 when she was 4 years old (in 2007) and it was taken with a camera phone.  I let her loose allowing her to take pictures of whatever she fancied..the results were fantastic...in fact my profile picture up there on the right was taken on the same occasion by my daughter!  The lesson in it, of course, is either to let your child loose with a camera and see what they see as being "photo worthy" or if you haven't got a child to remember to change your perspective when you are taking pictures.  Get up higher, get down closer to the floor...We, too often, just hold our cameras at shoulder height and never see things from a different angle.  So instead of passing on this meme to 6 people...I am actually going to challenge you all to get out there and try taking pictures from a different angle...begging and borrowing children if necessary :o)

Until next time...

8 comments:

Clare said...

DD takes the most stunning photos. As soon as the internet connection speeds up a bit I'll post some on my blog.

I saw your tip on someone's blog for hanging up quilts to photograph. Brilliant!

black bear cabin said...

how fun...a childs perspective makes for an interesting photo! thanks for sharing, and playing along :) looks like you have a budding photographer in the family...she must take after you :)

rachel griffith said...

awww.
how cute.

my jackson loves to take pics. {of his brother & sister.}
andrew has been playing with my old camera. {taking self potraits.}
and melanie just loves to have her picture taken. lol.

what a great post.
i will accept this challenge.
i'll let you know when i post.
:D

Ginger_Curls said...

And lets not forget the beautiful princess gift bag as well! My DD spotted that on the screen and came in for a look. The portrait shot of you is excellent.

loulee1 said...

Many years ago, when my son got hold of my old camera he used all 24 remaining shots and when we got the film developed I had 24 shots of the stair case, from a 4 year old perpective!! A rather expensive experiment! LOL

UK lass in US said...

Looks like she's a natural. This post was a good reminder. Lately the only time I have got down on my knees seems to be when I take photos of the kids.

My 6th folder was empty: a product of a time when I thought that I would get around to organising my photos into sensible folders, but never got around to actually moving the photos...

katelnorth said...

...and if anyone does decide to borrow some children for this challenge, please get in touch with me as I have several who would be available for as long as you like...

YankeeQuilter said...

I got cameras for my niece and nephew this Christmas...we had a blast. They will do the crazyiest things to "get" a photo...maybe paparazzi are just kids with expensive cameras?