Thursday, January 15, 2009

How clean is your cupboard?

Last Friday I decided to have a clean out of my sewing cupboard...Now don't laugh, but my before and after pictures aren't as spectacular as I had hoped!!  It's a little bit better and what I found was that I had spent the year shoving patterns and papers into the cupboard without filing them.  So that's what really was the difference...honest!


Along with sorting the paper I found a couple of old projects that really need to be finished.  Just LOOK at the date on those baskets!!  October 2002 - over 6 years old!!!  Shameful!


Also in cupboard lives 2 little sewing angels.  One is called Lavender (her job is to keep the place smelling nice and the critters out) and Curlilocks who just keeps on eye on things :o)



Until next time...

12 comments:

anne bebbington said...

Oh how I wish I could keep my stuff actually within my cupboard - I just seem to spill out and fill corners in every room in the house - much to Nigel's disgust!

loulee1 said...

I did my drawer just before Christmas. It looks just as bad already! Why do we bother?

Idaho Quilter said...

Your cupboard does look better, a good thing to do every now and then, even if it doesn't last.lol 2002 that isn't bad.

Annette said...

Great job! I like organizing, it just never seems to end though.

Jackie said...

The cupboard actually does look better. Doesn't it make you feel good when you are more organized. I know I feel like I can function better.

Gina said...

I think the cupboard looks better now it's done.
I don't put dates on my UFO's as I think I'd be ashamed to know how long I'd had them for. LOL

Love and hugs Gina xxx

YankeeQuilter said...

In my messy room those blocks would be the new folks in the cupboard! It does feel good to have order even if it only lasts a few days....

Connie W said...

Glad to know that I'm not alone. I'm working on mine but oh my, going through some of this stuff is work! I think I'll go get another cuppa and listen to the oldies music on my blog instead.
he he

Passionate Quilter said...

it's amazing what shows up in a cleaning session, doesn't it? I love the little baskets...reminds me that I have some baskets as well..somewhere..hmmmmm, now where are they?

Sweet P said...

Mmmmm . . I see a couple of storage pieces from IKEA. Nice job on the cleaning.

Anina said...

Wonderful! Now would you like to come over here and tackle my mess?
:-)

Lady of the Cloth said...

Lavender looks a little ill. What did that doll eat?? I'd hate to take a pic of my quilting closet. It is REALLY bad and I don't have the time to clean it. Must use the time to sew, don't you know!
Carline