Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Curved Piecing...

Lynda and I are part of a little group called Flutterwheels. We meet 6 times a year and make blocks which we raffle off between ourselves at each meeting. This year's theme is curves and we will be exploring the different techniques one can use to create curved blocks. We have started with a traditional Drunkards Path and we are to make 8 - 6" finished blocks. After a slow start getting my pieces the right shape, I finally got them finished.

Until next time...

9 comments:

Joy said...

Those blocks look perfect!! Well done :o).
Hugs,
Joy :O)

Jackie said...

I love the Drunkard's path! So many different layouts that you can make and it looks totally different. Can't wait to see the rest.

YankeeQuilter said...

My first quilt was a D.Path. I had no idea what I was getting into! It is a great block...a few years ago I even bought the acrylic templates to rotary cut the pieces but I haven't gotten my courage up yet.

Have fun at your get together.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, this looks like fun. It will be fun to see what other curved blocks you work on this year. I love your colors!

black bear cabin said...

what a great way to explore other designs...i need to practice some curved pieces, as id love to make some NYB blocks. Ive been told the curve is the toughest part...yours, however look perfect...whats your secret? :)
in the meantime, ive tagged you on my blog...feel free to participate if you have the time :)

sewkalico said...

Great blocks. I have never made any, but do love the curves!

Fiona said...

I'm in awe - I'm sure I could no more sew a curved seam than fly to the moon.

KCQuilter said...

What a great idea! And your DP blocks look amazing!

Gina said...

I love Drunkard's Path but I haven't done any for so long.

Love and hugs Gina xxx