Monday, December 22, 2008

It was only going to be a couple of pillowcases...

Early this week I saw Jackie's post about the lovely pillowcases she received for her guild which in turn will be passed on the charity Hole in the Wall Gang.  I thought I could help too and asked Jackie for the pattern so that I could make some.  With a little research I realized that there are a few variations for pillowcases but the end construction is pretty much the same.  I ended up making three for Jackie which I will post to her after the holidays. 



They were so much fun to make and a great stash buster that I decided to make pillowcases for the whole family.  2 sets each!








They might not be Egyptian cotton...but they are quilters cotton which in my books is better.  I can't wait to see how they look.

12 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely pillowcases! A friend of my daughter's was seriously injured when she was only 6, and someone made her several cheery pillowcases. Every time we visited she had a different one and she loved them. Made me realize how important something like this can be.

loulee1 said...

They look fantastic, wow. As a child I had a special Christmas pillow case.

Joy said...

They look so good ... I love the little girly one!! What a great idea :o).
Have a wonderful Christmas Jane!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Jackie said...

Jane, Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You now officially have pillowcase fever!! These will be so appreciated by these children, you can't possibly imagine the joy you are spreading. You are an angel. Your family will enjoy those pillowcases too. They are a terrific stash buster and a great gift.

Marilyn R said...

The pillowcases are beautiful, and I know they will be loved! I have tagged you for a challenge on my blog - come over for a visit to my blog to check it out!

Lynda said...

What gorgeous pillowcases! I haven't made any for quilte a while, but remember they are really quite straightforward, once you've got the hang of them! Obviously didn't take you long to sort them!

black bear cabin said...

Those pillow cases are totally cute! im sure the family will love them :)

On another note, i rcvd the pattern for the tree...i had to laugh, when i saw it was originally from my home state :) heheheh It definitely traveled the globe!

Thank you again for the pattern! It was sweet of you to pass it on, perhaps ill do the same when i am done with it, and it can continue to be the travelling pattern :)

cheers!
lisajo

Kathy Wagner said...

These are wonderful pillowcases!
I know they will be appreciated.
I think I'll make these next year for my nieces and nephews...they are fun gifts to give and receive!
Nerry Christmas

sewkalico said...

They are lovely.

Carole said...

Lovely pillow cases! What a great suggestion for next year! lol I'm always racking my brain as to what to get my nephews and nieces! Happy holidy!

Randi said...

Love the pillowcases!

Connie W said...

Your busy hands have made many people happy this Christmas...so pretty, all of them.