Saturday, October 11, 2008

Linus Day 2008



Today Lynda (from master of patience?) as seen above in the green and I with a few more Rocheberie Quilters got together to sew quilts for Project Linus today. Lynda is the Leicestershire coordinator for Project Linus UK. and she brought bags and boxes of fabric, orphan blocks and kits for us to sew into tops and quilts. I managed to pull together a motley group of blocks into the arrangement you see above on the right and I also managed to sew some little quilts for the premature babies which just need to be washed and labelled. My DD1 came along too and she just about finished a little quilt she's working on for Linus. It was a lovely day out especially since I got the spend the day doing something I enjoy with great company.
More pictures can be seen HERE.

9 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely!! It's amazing what you can do with orphan blocks, and I love the diagonal setting behind the girl. I am in charge of all the Linus donations to my guild, and have about 30 kits made now of disparate blocks and chunks of fabric that would make good quilts if someone would just put a little thought into it. It's actually a lot of fun to give one's creativity free rein.

loulee1 said...

Wonderful. I love getting together with my sister for a quilty/stitchy day.

black bear cabin said...

sometimes it takes a lot of work to put together orphan blocks...but looks like you did it with lots of success! i bet you guys had a blast...what a fun way to spend the day! cheers~

andsewitis Holly said...

I love your setting with the group of blocks you chose to put this quilt together. Wonderful.

Carin said...

The sunbonnet sue quilt is adorable, I can hardly believe you just used a bunch of orphan blocks.

anne bebbington said...

Yes a real treat spending the day doing something you love with like-minded people :o) and all in a good cause too

Lynda said...

Oh, Jane, I'm usually on the other end of the camera, so it was a shock to see myself on your blog! (Mind you, I did actually see you pointing the camera at me, so it wasn't a complete surprise!) It was a lovely day, and people enjoyed taking 'kits' and pushing themselves out of their comfort zone.

Karol-Ann said...

What a great photo of Lynda! Sounds like a fun day out and you did well with that quilt top!!

Anne Marie said...

What a great day out!! With all my scraps I need to look into Linus projects here in Ireland. I haven't come across it yet but your post has jogged my memory and I need to follow up on this!!!! Thanks for a great post Jane!!!