Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A quick post before the night is out...


Yippee I got some quilting done!  In fact I manage to get all the quilting done on this little Chinese Coins quilt and will soon get the binding done. This little quilt is for the DD1's teacher as she is expecting..she will be leaving at half term so I have to get this finished on time! 

And lastly I have to share this freaky picture I took.  The DD2 was playing with a toy which has a red light inside a double ended spinning top on a metal frame (does that make sense?) and I thought it would be neat to take a picture with a slow shutter speed.  By doing so I captured the light trails...




8 comments:

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

Wow.. I bet it feels great to get the quilt done...Good for you!

Kim said...

Pretty quilt. I love the machine meandering way of quilting. It's fun! Also like the photo you took of the light trail. Photo fun! :)

Lea said...

Wooo.... It's very lovely quilt. Those fabrics that you used for this quilt is soooo pretty. Your DD's teacher is so lucky! *S*

Katherine said...

Yay! You will show us pics of the quilt before you give it away? The sneak peek was only a teaser, right?
Cool photo with the light trail.

Katie said...

Wow. Very freaky. Clever too! :-)

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I love the photos. I wish I could take pictures like that. I'm just lucky to get enough light in them!

mereth said...

It's a great feeling finishing the quilting on a top. You need to take a 'mug shot' and post it so we can see the final product before it's given away.
I loved looking back through your photos, they're gorgeous.

Lynda said...

Bet it feels good to do a bit of piecing amongst all the hand quilting!