Monday, September 22, 2008

Glorious Weekend...

What a fantastic weekend weather wise...sunny and warm on both days!

On Saturday I went to Rocheberie Quilters for our Bag Day workshop. I didn't make a bag, I was working on my Irish Chain...(yes same story, different day) but it was wonderful watching everyone else have success making a bag or two.




On Sunday we took advantage of the lovely weather and had an afternoon out at Coombe Abbey. My DD2 had been named Star of the Week at school and part of the reward is that they can take Caramel (a stuffed dog) home for the weekend. The other part of the deal is that you have to write about what you did with Caramel and me being me I took pictures.

Also during our outing at Coombe Abbey, my DD2 mastered riding her bike! We were so excited for her that she finally figured it out. I just hope that we get a few more nice days to take her out again and really embed the knack so that we aren't starting from square one in the spring.

And lastly I have one more picture to share...it is only a short while away from Halloween and the spiders are busy making webs. Just look at this beauty that was busy making himself (or herself) at home amonsts my herbs!





11 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

The Abbey is breathtaking. What a sweet time.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Coombe Abbey - I've been there, gorgeous isn't it? Give your DD a big hug from me for mastering her bike riding skills. My DD was so nervous to learn .... we also started off on grass - LOL.

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

What a beautiful place. What amazing history you have there.

Karol-Ann said...

I love the dog posing in that photo - too cute!

Libby said...

I was just admiring some spider's work on a walk this evening . . . trying to work out how to best photograph it *s*

Carin said...

I love the building (the abbey)
That spinder scared the pants off me ewwwww!!!

Gina said...

Love the pics. The spider one is awesome.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Beth said...

What a great picture with the doggie!! My daughter has the same sort of thing and I'm going to have to remember that angle!

Love the pictures of the bag making. Very inspiring!

Katherine said...

Such lovely pictures, Jane!
Bravo to your daughter getting the hang of bike riding. It's exciting to master a new skill and she looks pretty happy about it.

Wow! I must show my son the spider photo you posted as he loves arachnids.

Lynda said...

The spider's webs are even more beautiful when the weather is damp, as they are bejewelled!

Diane said...

EWWWW!