Friday, September 26, 2008

A Full Friday...

Don't you just love days that lend themselves to being productive? I had a great day today...did the grocery shopping (ok not so great) but it's what one has to do to get the ingredients for a delicious dinner. Nicole posted about this Chicken Penne Recipe and I just had to try it...and let me tell you...it was Yummy!

Next stop was to the post office to pick up a new book from Amazon...now I know I'm on a self inflicted diet when it comes to quilting things, but when I saw this book on Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens I just knew I'd like to own it. Thankfully Amazon.co.uk had 1 copy left and armed with some Amazon vouchers I've been saving, I placed my order. I'm so thrilled and I get the feeling there will be a new project in my future...



Then this afternoon I had some sewing time. Both my machines are going in for a service tomorrow and I wanted to complete a few things before they go on vacation...one was the binding on the Chinese coin quilt (which I will share once it is completely finished) and the other was 3 little bibs which will accompany the quilt. The designs and stitching were done by my DD1 (age 14) and I used Happy Things' Free Bib Pattern to sew them into bibs.



Have a good weekend!

22 comments:

~The Robin's Nest~ said...

Super cute bibs Jane! I love the "spit happens" one!
Hope you have a great weekend,
Robin~♥

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

Those bibs are adorable. I have a friend who is going to have a baby and I think I need to make a few of those.

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Love the bibs! Very cute :o) And that book.... it is great!

Anina said...

Yes, a productive day is a sadly scarce thing around here So I know how you feel when you get to have one.
Love the bibs!

Karol-Ann said...

Oh, those bibs are so gorgeous. What a team to make such lovely gifts!
Enjoy your new book.

distelfliege said...

It looks like you had a great day :)
The bibs are really nice!
You've got two sewing machines and you give them both away for checkup at the same time? Well, hand sewing is nice, too! I'm becoming addicted to it at the moment.. ;)
The book cover looks good - this is a quilt style i really like!

loulee1 said...

The bibs are adorable Jane, well done DD.

Lynda said...

How can you bear to send both your machines off to be serviced at the same time? What if inspiration strikes? Lucky the weather's good, so you'll be able to do garden displacement activities!

lovestitches said...

You have two machines and you get them both serviced at once? I couldn't do it! Those bibs are cute. Would your daughter be willing to share the pattern for the middle one's embroidery? It's soooo cute!
And aren't new books so inspiring?

Kim said...

This book that you have here is written by my FAVORITE QUILT SHOP. I adore Country Threads and have been there twice. An old farm with out buildings used as quilt shops and classrooms.

The bibs are darling, such fun you are all having with those. They will be such welcome gifts. :) Good to hear that you are sewing and that you are giving your machines proper attention so they can continue to make your fantastic quilts.

Annemariesquilt said...

Good luck with your new project, it looks awesome..
And bibs are great, do you small folks yourself or they just for givaway's??

Vickie E said...

Those bibs are cute!

Vickie E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andsewitis Holly said...

Really cute bibs. Your DD did a wonderful job. Sounds like you've been accomplishing a lot!

Kellie said...

I love that quilt! Absolutely fantastic!

Katherine said...

Love those bibs! Very cute designs.

Mmmm... that book you ordered looks like one I have got to check out. I'm really curious to know which project from it you're going to tackle first.

Marilyn R said...

What cute bibs! I love them!

Carin said...

Your book looks great! The bibs are adorable.

corry said...

Those bibs are so cute..I think I need to make a few for my granddaughter!

Rose said...

Hi Jane! I just read your comment on the Bits and Pieces Blog that is part of the Fall into Fall Giveaway. I cracked up laughing at your comment because I just finished had quilting a double wedding ring for my daughters wedding....which was LAST January lol! Just thought you might feel better knowing that you're not the only one. Ha!

Best wishes,
Rose

jovaliquilts said...

Have fun with your new book! The bibs are absolutely adorable -- hoorah for your DD!

Dionne said...

I absolutely LOVE productive days, only slightly more than COMPLETELY un-productive lazy days with family; Unfortunately its the ones in between that are the norm!
Cheers!
Dionne