Monday, August 18, 2008

Trip to London - Part II - The Science Museum

Ok...I hope I won't bore you...but here's a few more pictures from our day in London..

Next stop: Science Museum

A fantastic looking motorcycle at the entrance



A working steam engine...just loved the colour red with the steam bellowing behind...



Red Punch Buggy on the Wall



And this great picture is straight out of the camera...no effect here, just blue windows at the back of the Science Museum



And always looking out for interesting used for fabric...have a look at this old poster...
Have you got 7 minutes and 1 3/4 yards of fabric to spare for your fridge?



And don't you just love the History of Mathematics...
Look at these two fine examples of Patchwork in action...




I'd love to try this in fabric!!

4 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

We're hoping to be off to London on Friday, but we won't be going to Dr Who, I have never seen a single episode!

Lynda said...

I won't be copying the fridge covering idea - although I do have enough fabric!

Katie said...

Well darn! Fabric on my fridge would look much better than the ugly stainless steel! LOL

YankeeQuilter said...

I love the fabric covering on the fridge! I was at an art show a couple years ago where several dozen old fridges were painted by local artists...I like the fabric idea better though.