Monday, August 04, 2008

Busy creative weekend...

Last April Karol-Ann sent me some charm squares to cheer me up when I was going through a difficult time. I really wanted to be sure that I used them in something special..something that would be a constant reminder of her kindness...and the kindness of all the bloggers who helped me through that time. So I've made myself a new handbag. It's larger than my old one and I'm so thrilled with how well it turned out. It will be big enough to carry all the supplies one needs when moving around with children...the wipes, the tissues and the wallet..



There have been a few other people making bags too...must be something in the water. Check out this one and this one.

While on my creative streak I finally glued together the needlecase kit I bought at the last Rocheberie Meeting. It was great fun to put together and even more impressive to use. Just put your needle through the felt, place the felt in the wallet and when you open it from the other side the felt is magically under the ribbons. It's based on these instructions.

Saturday also saw the arrival of this sweet treat from Verry Sherry. Thanks Sherry!

Saturday was also the day my DD2 had a birthday party to attend and after looking at this post, we decided on a fancy hairdo...

and lastly I had to share this goofy picture of my DD2 working on the garage!! LOL



P.S. A few people have asked about the frames. If you want an online and easy way to spruce up your pictures...try Flauntr.

7 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Thanks so much for the link to the Japanese mat instructions! Someone in my guild made a large one of these (15 inches square) for toting swap blocks. It's such a good storage technique.

Connie W said...

Lovely bag, and the photos are all great.

Karol-Ann said...

Wow! you have been busy. So pleased you made something wonderful out of those fabrics. Lots of lovely links in your post too!

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like your bag, it's nice to have one just the right size. I love the picture of your daughter in the doorway! (last post)
Karen (Short Story Long)

em's scrapbag said...

I enjoyed your blog. I love the bag. What a tribute to your dear friend. Thanks for all the links. Have a great day!

VerrySherry said...

it was a small token, but I appreciate our online friendship--sorry it was so late after the drawing--these days are flying by. Hope you're enjoying summer!

Tanya said...

That Japanese wallet is the neatest! I actually have one of these that my kids used to play with as a magic trick but I never thought of it as a needle case. I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for the link!