Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Mid-week update...

It's a bit of a rarity for me to post mid-week...but I have been quite good at getting a few things stitched.

Firstly I've managed to mark to top of my Irish Chain and get it rolled onto my wood slats ready for basting the Sharon Schamber way (Here is the video link) That's them propped in the corner.



I've also started stitching the Christmas wallhanging that Cathi gave me a few months ago. It's the first time I've tried stitching with the wadding in place and I rather like it...feels a bit like quilting.



Also..I've been meaning to show you my appliqué progress of this. I'm loving the colours and the appliquéd shapes. It's very enjoyable to work on!





12 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

I'm finally catching up with your posts Jane. You've been so busy. I love seeing what you're working on -- and you've rescued a baby bird -- yay!

Libby said...

I love stitching backed by batt. The stitches are nice, it hides bad habits on the wrong side, and gives a nice dimensional look to the front. A winner all around *S*

Mad about Craft said...

Hmm! some very interesting things here!! I watch this space with interest!

Karol-Ann said...

Lovely to see what you're up to! A bit of this, a bit of that... great stuff!

Connie said...

I love your new signature! Very neat! Nice projects in the works--thx for sharing!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Fun and fabulous! Good work here. Great work!

cathicrafts said...

I'm glad you are doing the stitchery!! It is a cute one!!

anne bebbington said...

Karol-Ann and I were talking about this system of basting with the boards when we met on Monday - I have a few larger tops I really should sandwich and think about quilting - maybe I'll give them a go. Love the stitchery - I've never worked with the wadding on although I see a lot of people who do, not sure I could get along with that, ought to give it a go. Love the applique, followed the link to the original posting and can see why you fell in love with it. Finally, love the new signature :o)

Leanne said...

That Christmas stitchery is looking very interesting.

Lynda said...

I love the Sharon Schamber method of layering quilts! Unlike the carpet method, where you have to wait for an empty house, and get it all done before the family comes home, you can do it at your leisure and just roll it up if you get interrupted!

distelfliege said...

I've seen the video on quilt TV lately and I basted a patchwork bag's body with this method.
I wonder how it would work for a large quilt.
I also don't pin baste because the pins keep getting in the way. I like it how the quilt can be rolled on the boards and be put away in between the basting!

i'm kelly said...

what fun projects!