Friday, July 04, 2008

Friday Sewing...

I got some serious sewing done today!

Here's my Double Irish Chain top finished!!! and the backing too...The backing was a bit of a surprise as I had carefully planned it so I could use the same cream fabric for the back...and guess what, I didn't have enough!!! Grrr So after some umming and ahhing, I decided to piece together some red yardage in with the cream to make a piece large enough for the backing. I'm really pleased with how they have both turned out.



Don't forget to head over to Nicole's Blog where is has a list of bloggers on the right hand side that are making two-colour quilts.

TTFN

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

It's so pretty! Good save on the backing, too. Thanks for sharing.

Karol-Ann said...

Wonderful! Lucky you to have some sewing time!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love double irish chains. It looks great. You folks are doing some nice 2 color projects, that is for sure.

loulee1 said...

Thats looks lovely. How are you going to quilt it?

I've tagged you by the way, details on my blog.

nicolette said...

Wonderful top and backing!
I like to make patched backings.

Lynda said...

It looks great - it's a fantastic pattern! Piecing the backing was the sensible option, and it works so well!

VerrySherry said...

Looks great!

Carin said...

Beautiful!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Boy this came out great!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous Jane! I hope to finish mine today.