Monday, June 09, 2008

One tile, Two tile...

Man, am I sore today! On Saturday, the DH and I laid the ceramic tiles in the extension. From 10 am to 11:30 pm we worked, only stopping for tea and food. I have to say my two children were little angels and they should polish their halos as they amused themselves for the entire day without a single tiff or argument! My eldest even made us a beautiful lunch..couscous salad which tasted fabulous!

So here's what it looked at 11:30pm (yes the last row didn't actually go in until the next morning as we didn't trust ourselves to cut tiles accurately at that late hour.)



And this is the arty picture my DH took at 11:30 pm (He thought it looked like little tomb stones...) Forgive us...we were really tired at that point and I think delirium was setting in!



So now all we have to do is wait for the adhesive to dry (say a little prayer that they stick) and then grout them...which at this point won't be until Friday...I have to let my muscles and knees recover!


15 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cool! It's so close!

Kim said...

You were very wise to call it a day before attempting those last few cuts. Your hubbies photo is just like you said.

Another job well done ~ bringing you closer to the finish line!

jillquilts said...

It looks good so far! I hope that you are recovering from the work!

Anina said...

Wonderful! I love the little tombstones. Pity they have to go. :-)

anne bebbington said...

Wooohooo - nearly there Jane, I can hear that sewing machine humming away already :o) Kids are wonderful things - they just know when it's life-threateningly important to be good and keep out of the way - bless!

Karol-Ann said...

Better not show my DH this... don't want him getting any ideas about me and tiling LOL. Well done - good job!!

Libby said...

Good for you guys for taking on that job . . . tile is one DIY that has scared us away *S*

OzJane said...

They look great.........I love the second photo with those little grout pins or placement pins...have forgotten what they are called but found myself using them when somehow I did some tiling in a bath/toilet area at the Church we were building.
It was made of mud bricks and I said I had left Egypt and was not into mud brick making....but served as the token female on the building committee so (apart from being physically unable to make bricks) I counted committee work as my part.
But I must have soiled my hands once as I do remember those little pegs.

Crazy for Primitive Quilts & Gardens said...

They will stick, don't worry! They look wonderful and lol they do look like a little cemetary!

blackbearcabin said...

your little Arlington Cemetery looks great :) heheheh
what color is the grout going to be? I love tile...so clean and easy (not the installing part, that is, but the finished product!) Looks Great!
you guys are almost there :)

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, very exciting! It's looking almost move-in ready. How fun to watch it unfold!

Connie said...

I have to say my first thought was that the spacers looked like little tombstones too!! Tiling is a big job and you guys look like your are doing some fabulous work!

FabricMom said...

You guys have done a great job. Bravo.

Tazzie said...

I'm just amazed at how fast this has all come together, you're doing a great job.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Elaine Adair said...

Almost done! Looks great, and you're working FAST.