Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I've been sewing...

...up a storm in my new room...(or should that be our new room) ;o)

I'm loving it!

So here's what I got up to yesterday...

A doorstop...you've seen these before. I made one and Fiona made three and the pattern can be found HERE. I've now officially run out of doors to stop...



I've also made a peg apron. My peg bag was on its last legs and I quite fancied an apron. I hope to write a pattern/tutorial for this soon...so please check back. I love that I made it from a shirt from a charity shop and the off-cuts off my daughters' curtains....recycling at its best.



And lastly, today, I got the rest of my blocks sewn for the Irish Chain I'm making in conjunction with Nicole's Two Colour quilt Challenge.





Now I have a cute story to share with you...

Twice a week I help a friend out by picking up her son..once going to school and once coming home. The conversations...or should I say the philosophical discussions that occur in the back seat of my car between my DD2 and Mr. A (both age 5) are, well, hilarious!

So here's how the conversation went today.

DD2: I've just seen a cat!

Mr A: Well, it wasn't my cat..

DD2: No, I know it wasn't your cat...she's dead!

Mr A: Yep, that's right, she's down in heaven.

DD2: Uh, don't you mean up in heaven?

Mr A: No, definitely down in heaven!

DD2: That can't be...heaven is up in the clouds.

Mr A: Well, my mommy says that God is in the world and that means he is down there (pointing towards the ground) and that's where we buried the cat...in the ground, so that's heaven!


It's logical...I'll give him that! :o)

7 comments:

Anina said...

Hmmmm, maybe I need a new room and then I'll get some sewing done. I need to speak to DH about that. :-)
All your things look great!

Sweet P said...

I've been thinking about making a door stop for our bedroom door. Now I have a pattern. Your stop is adorable!

I love the discussion between the children. I'm going to remember their philosophy.

Kim said...

My bit of heaven is up ^ upstairs in my sewing room! We should listen in on the kids conversations more often. Interesting philosophy indeed. I am very happy to hear that you are spending time sewing all sorts of things in "the" new room. The maple leaf quilt in your photo is very pretty with the floral fabric border. Love that! You must be feeling better...

Gina said...

Aren't kids conversations great.

Can't wait for the peg apron tutorial as I'm in desperate need for one.

love and hugs xxx

Karol-Ann said...

Fantastic! You have been busy.
I should keep a diary of some of the stuff my son comes up with - kids are just the funniest!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Well now, your new room certainly is keeping you busy. Love the door stoppers - I used make ones which looked likes snakes for our house in South Africa.

andsewitis Holly said...

Cute conversation! Kids are great :) I love it when they are young and so honest that they end up telling family secrets. So funny.