Thursday, May 29, 2008

We're painting!

It's been awhile since I posted an update on the extension...because we've been busy painting! My DH decided to take the week off (it's half-term this week) and either go camping or go DIYing. As the weather has been nothing short of miserable, we decided DIYing was the smarter choice. The initial painting was white to seal the plaster and paint the ceiling and then yesterday afternoon we opened the can of colour...



Both the DH and the kids looked at me a bit funny as to them it just looked like a can of cream paint...but I have a vision of the finished room and this apple white is part of a bigger picture.



Here's the paint on the walls...the camera washes it out, but you'll just have to trust me that this is going to be fab!

TTFN



8 comments:

anne bebbington said...

Lovely crisp fresh colour - just right for showing off little quilts I think :o)

Linda said...

Lovely and fresh, how long before you can move in?

Sonja said...

LOOK! It looks like a proper room! I especially like the recessed lighting. How exciting!

Libby said...

Great color *s*

Lynda said...

Looks great to me! I think white can be a bit stark, but add a bit of colour (and green is my favourite!) and it will look light yet sophisticated!

blackbearcabin said...

ohhhh....its looking wonderful! i love your view of the playyard too...you can watch the kids play while you create! :)

Kim said...

Amazing how different things look when painted. It's always the factor that turns a room into a living space. Soon you will have your sewing and sofa in there and it will be as if it were always there.

Karol-Ann said...

Ooh! You're almost there!!!