Saturday, May 31, 2008

A trip to Ikea to buy new things for the new room...

You know what that means don't you?... Ikea trip = fun (but frustrating) shopping! I say frustrating..but actually it was the least stressful, most expensive, smooth sailing trip to Ikea in my life! (never to be repeated, I'm sure) We turned up at our local Ikea (Coventry) at opening time yesterday (Friday morning) and I can tell you there wasn't a soul to be found. We were able to peruse the mock living rooms without stress, easily find staff to make enquires and get through checkout, collection and home delivery sections without waiting! So I bet you'd like to see some pictures...

Here's us with our 3 carts full...notice the sofa on the trolley!

Here's us with the 3 carts..including the sofa in a giant elevator...notice we had the elevator to ourselves!

And now some sneak peeks of the fabrics and accessories you'll see in the new room.





What do you think?



14 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

I think you're a dreadful tease LOL and also incredibly lucky to escape the Ikea crowds! (Was it too early for the meatballs LOL?)

Anina said...

Ooh! So exciting!

Sonja said...

I love IKEA oh so much. Basically, our house looks like an IKEA showroom. :)

Linda said...

I think it wasn't a big enough sneak peek, we need to see more, and more detail.....

nicolette said...

Very promising photos!!

anne bebbington said...

Yes Jane - I'm afraid that's it - you should've enjoyed it while you had the chance - never again will you experience such a sublime and gentile visit to IKEA. The hints look great - your quilty stitching output should treble!!! once you've finished curtains, blinds, scatter cushions, throws etc etc etc Can't wait to see the finished room

Dandelion Quilts said...

Can't wait to see the rest. ;)

Kim said...

I'm thinking nice, very very nice. Gotta love IKEA! Won't be long now til the big reveal!

Kieny said...

So you're almost finished?

Clare said...

A nice, quiet IKEA? Our nearest is about 2 hours drive away so to get there at opening time we've got leave at 6.00 am. No thanks!

Looking forward to seeing the end result. Must admit that red does look great.

Jane said...

Looks yummy and here I was daunted by going to pick up a bookshelf....and not even at Ikea.
Although to go there first may make good sense.

Sarah Jayne said...

I HATE Okea in Coventry. Right in the middle of the city. on too many levels and I get lost very easily and Ahhhhhhh I HATE it. But I do like the one on J26 of the M1 Eastwood, Nottingham. So it's not that I hate Ikea - just that one store....
Looks like you had a very good trip - hope you got everything you needed.

andsewitis Holly said...

Your addition is fantastic and I love the fabrics you've chosen. Can't wait to see it all put together. I love IKEA.

Katie said...

I think it's all wonderful. I sooooo miss Ikea. Sigh....