Tuesday, May 06, 2008

It's a patio...no, it's a box...no it's a ROOM!

How absolutely amazing that just 2 weeks ago the builders were breaking ground...and now look, it's got doors and a window and it's really feeling like a proper room! Tomorrow the electrician will be here and not long after the plasters will be here and soon it will be done!


Also today, I got a lovely surprise in the post. Andrea from the Welsh Quilter sent me a little care package to say she was thinking of me. Isn't that just the prettiest card and the mug, coaster and little tray will go perfectly in the new room. :o) The fabrics are so cheery and I'm sure just the right project will come along for those. Thanks again Andrea!!



11 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

How wonderful! Have you chosen your paint colours? Carpet colours? Drapes? What fun!

Gina said...

I can't believe how quick they've been. I go away from blogland for a week and they are done. I hope mine goes as quickly and painlessly.

Love and hugs xxx

anne bebbington said...

This is coming together so quickly - you'll be sewing in there before you know it!

Anina said...

So lovely and light filled!

FabricMom said...

Looks like things are coming along great. Can't wait to see the finished room. I bet you are anxious.

Lynda said...

Looking good Jane! This is the perfect time of year for an extension, as the plaster will dry quickly, meaning you won't be long before you can paint and move in!

Kim said...

Jane! This addition is looking great and I agree, it has come together very quickly. I would have no problems with turning that space into my sewing room!! Must be nice light with that large door and window.

Such a lovely gift package you received from a very kind hearted quilter friend. So much kindness is shared among our quilt bloggers. Nice.

loulee1 said...

My that is quick.
Great little care package too, Andrea is such a sweetie.

Pam said...

It certainly does look like a room!! It is sure coming along quickly - pretty soon that sewing machine will be all set up in the corner :))

Have fun with the decorating!

Thimbleanna said...

How exciting Jane -- that room is really coming along! And your goodies look awesome -- especially that cupcake card!

Christine Thresh said...

I love to keep track of quilting room designs and building. I just completed mine.
Best wishes for your next steps.