Sunday, May 11, 2008

A fabulous Day with Jennie Rayment...

Yesterday, Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters were host to speaker and teacher Jennie Rayment. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun both the DD1 and I had. Jennie is in a class of her own! Our workshop of Twiddling and Fiddling with fabric started promptly at 10:30. Jennie had provided us with kits with all the appropriated cut pieces to fiddle and twiddle 2 different blocks. As the DD1 wanted to have a go at improving her stitching skills I suggested we share the task and that she would do the sewing and I would be her support.

Here is the first block we did.



Looks complicated doesn't it?, but Jennie made it so simple with her step by step instructions. Apart from the borders which I helped hand sew for speed, the DD1 completed this on her own.

As the DD1 finished the sewing on the first block, I made a start on the second block. It's not quite finished, but the DD1 plans to stitch down the folded bits.



I have to say that if you are ever able to hear Jennie speak or teach you won't be disappointed. She is a true entertainer, keeping her audience in "stitches". I found this article on the net which sums her style up perfectly...as you can see she's NOT your average quilter ;o)

TTFN

12 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

I just read that article - she sounds like a riot! Did she strip for you and DD1?

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I've never seen anything like this before! I have to dig deeper...

Intrigued.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Now that is something new to me - how very interesting. I'll have to look into that.

Juliann in WA said...

That is absolutely amazing! I will definately look at that article. thanks

Michelle said...

I've been intrigued by Jennie's style for awhile. I LOVE this block. Can you tell which book it's out of?

Sarah Jayne said...

Seems like you both had a great day - hope it wasn't too hot for you.

anne bebbington said...

She came to Somerset County Quilters last year I think but I had to clerk a Governors' meeting at work so couldn't go - pants!!!

anne bebbington said...

But I do have her book so I could take myself through it and have a play - mmmmmmm

Katie said...

Oh my! What a character! :-) What fun.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh what fun! I've seen her on Simply Quilts. Clever little fiddling and twiddling. Looks interesting!

Connie said...

That block is SO cool! I am just sitting here with a slack jaw--how neat is that technique!!!

Lynda said...

You forgot to say that there were 60 people at this workshop, and Jennie was so clear in her instructions that everyone got both blocks correctly done! It was a really great day.