Everything, as you can imagine, has been put on hold for weeks and once Monday came and went I really wanted to get some things accomplished. Apart from some rather mundane things, like laundry and cleaning, I wanted some time at my sewing machine. Like many of you, I fine sewing very therapeutic and I knew getting a few things made would sooth my soul.
Yesterday, I made my April bag for BQL. I decided to omit the wadding and make it more of a floppy bag that can be added to the collection that make the weekly trip to Sainsbury's. The fabrics I used are a heavier weight than regular cotton and gave the bag some shape. The other nice advantage to this fabric is that my eldest DD really dislikes it...which means she wont steal it from me :o)
Today, I sewed together my star block for my Flutterwheels group using the technique described in Nancy Johnson-Srebro's book Stars by Magic. The technique is very clever, but it is a bit tedious. I've only ever made one or two blocks using her method..not sure if I'd make a whole quilt this way.
While I was at it, I made three little Linus quilts for the neo-natal unit. Two are like the red one and the other is made from the by-products of my star block. There are only small so they went together very fast and I should get them completed easily.
I'm feeling better now that I've done some sewing...more like myself.
Thanks for listening,