Friday, March 07, 2008

Showing off my pincushions


Blueberry Lane Designs is asking us to show off our pincushions as she has unearthed 2 copies of Lynette Anderson's pincushion book which she is giving away. Here are my 2 pincushions which I use in tandem. One sits on the ironing board and the other sits by the sewing machine. What I do is I pin at the ironing board (particularly when I'm pinning rows or borders) and then when I take the pins out at the machine I have a pincushion sitting there at the ready. When the one at the sewing machine gets full..I swap them over and then I'm set to go.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Some of us should be so wise! Cute cushions you have there. :O)

katelnorth said...

I do that too :) GMTA, I guess. Except one of the pincushions is magnetic, so I just kind of throw the pins in the general direction...

Shelina said...

Those are pretty pin cushions and well used too. I just use the boxes they came in.

Carin said...

What a good plan to have 2 and use them at the iron and the machine.

atet said...

Hmmn...that sounds better than what I've been doing (carrying my pincushion back and forth). Thanks for the idea :0). Love the packages you've been getting and the projects you've been working on -- someday I will organize my fabrics again. Someday :0)

Connie said...

I Love chickens (they are all over my kitchen) and I have a chicken pincushion I got from a bee mate for Christmas one year--but I'm so fond of chickens in general I can't bring myself to stick any pins in it, so he sits there looking cute and does nothing quilty whatsoever!

Sarah Jayne said...

I love the pincushions.