Thursday, March 20, 2008

News shoes and new fabric...

Boy has it really been 9 days since I last posted. I guess I've been rather busy with life in general and I'm really looking forward to catching my breath over the next couple of weeks while the children are home...sounds impossible doesn't it!

I had a lovely squishy package arrive today from Linda in Winnipeg. (or Winterpeg as she calls it) I sent her some British sweets and in return she send me these lovely sweet fabrics! I can't wait to find the perfect project for them. They are so bright and fresh and make me hope that spring will arrive sooner than later.

I also made an impulsive purchase today...which is very out of character for me. I normally work from a list...and if it's not on the list then I don't buy it. But today, I was sitting in New Look waiting for my DD1 to try on some jeans and I looked up and there were some patchwork converse! I just had to have a pair. When I was about 15 I had a pair of black converse that I wore 'til they were thread bare and as soon as I slipped my feet into these patchwork ones today they were as comfortable as the ones I had all those years ago. Funny how some things just make you smile!

Well, if I don't post before the weekend, I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Easter.

27 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

New shoes are great, and new fabric is even better!

Vicki W said...

Ooooh! Cool shoes!

Anina said...

I love the sneakers. I went to the web site and they have (red) patchwork ones. I may need those.

Libby said...

Next to flip flops - Converse are the best footwear *S*

Thimbleanna said...

Very cool shoes! I've been looking for some canvas shoes too and like you, I never would do something like that. But seeing them on the blogs makes them too tempting! Lovely fabrics -- Lucky Jane! And you too, have a Happy Easter!

Kim said...

It really has been nine days since you last made a post. This one is worth waiting for, lol, you're forgiven! The fabrics are indeed very bright and springtime cheerful. Love those tenner's...I had a pair of those back in the day, too. I WANT a pair of those patchwork tenner's, sigh, that means shopping, argh. Ha!

Carin said...

Great fabric! Have fun with it.

Clare said...

Oh soo cool. I've started wearing them again (not Converse, but similar). DD has got a pair of punk Converse!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous fabrics and have a good Easter. Don't get blown away and wrap up warm (we've got snow forecast for Monday!).

How long were you in New Look for? Hours or minutes lol

Verry Sherry said...

yummy fabric!!

Cheryl said...

Love those shoes!!!

A Spoon Full Of Sugar said...

Awesome shoes!!!

Lynda said...

The shoes are lovely! Must go and see if they have any in my size!

Katherine said...

Gorgeous fabrics from your friend in Winterpeg (we lived there and that's what we still call Winnipeg).

Love those patchwork shoes!

Amanda said...

I love the fabric and the shoes.

Amanda

FabricMom said...

I love the shoes. What great memories.

katelnorth said...

Ooh, I feel a trip to new look coming on...

Deb said...

Love both...the shoes and the fabrics! Happy Easter.

anne bebbington said...

I just adore the shoes - did they come in different colours? - oh and the fabrics are great too :o)

CONNIE W said...

I was going to say "Cool Shoes" and read that others feel the same way!

Patti said...

My daughter loves Converse - that's all she wears outside of work. She found some purple ones with white bunnies on them - on clearance even! Love yours. I think I may have to get some one of these days for myself.

Mary said...

The fabric just looks like spring! And the shoes are cute too!

Pam said...

Such pretty fabric!! and such cool shoes!
Happy Easter

julieQ said...

Fun sneakers! I need to splurge on a pair...

julieQ said...

Fun sneakers! I need to splurge on a pair...

andsewitis Holly said...

Love the Converse! Sometimes it's fun to be impulsive. You deserve it!

Felicia said...

Love the shoes :)

Quilting Diva said...

I'm glad that you liked the fabric. Kewl shoes by the way.