Monday, February 11, 2008

Welsh Weekend

No quilty content, I'm afraid.

This past weekend my DH and I got away to celebrate his birthday in Llandudno, Wales. We had the most perfect weather for walking and enjoying the views. I won't bore you with the break down of our time away, but rather let the pictures to the talking.

Along one of our walks we found lots and lots of poop and I thought perhaps it was from rabbits, but then thought it was too large for rabbit poop and then as we got towards the top of a hill I found the animals responsible.

Beautiful goats! Aren't they cute!!


On our second day we went to Betws-y-coed to see Swallow Falls. The sound of the water was fantastic and there were kayakers river rafting down the falls. My little video captured one man coming down through the water.

Looked like fun!

video


10 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Jane, sounds like a great weekend. I love Wales, such a gorgeous place and really enjoy the people. Thanks for the quilters tv link, have been watching it at night while machine piecing - I told you I would be addicted LOL!!!!

Clare said...

Your hearts arrived last week. They are gorgeous.

Lovely photos and it sounds as if you had a great weekend.

Gina said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. I love LLandudno and the Great Orme. The scenery around there is spectacular.

love and hugs xxx

Libby said...

Those falls are great! I don't know that I would want to navigate them, but I could sit all day listening and watching the water *s*

Katherine said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your hubby's birthday. Love your photos!

Denise (Nour) said...

Looks like a beautiful place. I enjoyed the pics and the video. Neat!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Jane thanks for dropping by my blog...your blog is just wonderful, love all the photos, will be back, have just added you to bloglines.

Feather on a Wire said...

OOOh, makes me feel cold just even thinking about being in that water however much fun it is.

Lynda said...

Great video, but too cold to be fun!

andsewitis Holly said...

Wow Jane! Fantastic video. Kayaking there looks dangerous to me :) Great pictures - even of the poop. I love goats and walks. Looks like a wonderful place to visit.