Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Meet Lydia...

My husband surprised me last night by bring home Lydia! She's an Italian sewing machine...a Necchi 544. Someone at work was saying he was off to the charity shop to drop off an old sewing machine and my DH's ears perked up and he say he'd have it....that does bring my total to 4 machines (if you count the toy one DD2 has)! So last night I found some info on the internet about threading her and loading the bobbin, then I de-fluffed her and tried sewing. I have managed to determine that something isn't quite right with her. I can set the upper tension, but the bobbin tension seems too loose. I can correct that if I tighten the upper tension, but the upper thread is much too tight. I don't know enough about machines...or even about this type of machine to determine if there is some other adjustment for the bobbin, or whether the timing might be out. I plan to do a bit of investigation and see if I can get her working properly. If anyone knows anything about this machine, please get in touch.

So that wasn't the only thing that arrived in the house yesterday. Last week I won Tilde give-away and these three beautiful fabrics arrived. I'm hoping to make something with one of them very soon. Thanks again Tilde.

4 comments:

Kim said...

http://magicapuglia.blogspot.com/

Marisa is Italian...you never know!

One question. Does the bobbin fit into a case that inserts into the machine?

anne bebbington said...

What a bargain - I'm sure you'll be able to sort it out - as for the break in Llandudno - gorgeous pictures, didn't you manage to drop into Llangollen for the Quiltfest on the way ;oP

cher said...

to tighten the bobbin tension, you should find on the bobbin case an adjustment screw...to tighten, turn a very small turn to the right..then check, then turn a smidge more..until it looks right...hope that does the trick for you! let me know if you need any further help

Katie said...

I don't know anything about it but it sure looks sleek! :-)