Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Roses are red...violets are blue...

Well in my case it's a pink quillow and a blue quillow. You may remember a few weeks ago I posted about a couple of quillows for my niece and nephew for Christmas. They are only 40" square, which when you are little is just enough to cuddle up to when you are watching TV. Well this past weekend we had some of the ugliest weather (rain, cold..just plain yukky) and I got some uninterrupted sewing time and managed to get both quilts quilted and bound. They are now labelled and washed, wrapped and ready for the 25th! Here's a selection of pictures.
The Blue One

The Pink One

Close-up of the quilting

Close-up of the quilting

This is what they look like folded up.

The quilt is folded and the triangular flaps are turned to the back and tied.


TTFN,

12 comments:

Kim said...

There you are! Surfaced again, LOL, we are all going under while attempting to finish up holiday projects. I like this quillow idea, but don't recall having seen a pattern for it. Would be nice for me to keep in my vehicle. I can't post anything that I am up to as it is top secret...like everyone else! Hohoho!

Fiona said...

They are so pretty - bound to be a success at Christmas.

Sarah Jayne said...

What a great pair of quillows. They're very lucky to have these as pressies.
Glad to see you still making things during this hectic time...

andsewitis Holly said...

Those will make the greatest gifts. You get so much done!

atet said...

What great gifts -- I'm sure your niece and nephew will love them!

Helenea said...

What beautiful quillows! Where do you find these amazing ideas? They are great!
I have one question to you, too! It would be a pleasure for me to get a tutorial for the wonderful gingerbread-project-linus pattern! thank you in advance!
rainy and icecold greetingz from Austria! Helena

anne bebbington said...

This is a really nice alternative design for a quillow - I'm sure they'll be well loved

Tanya said...

Your quillows are wonderful! I can imagine how much your niece and nephew will appreciate them. I'll keep them in mind for my own brother's kids someday.

Shelina said...

Jayne, you certainly have been busy. Both of these quillows are so pretty - I hadn't seen any made that way. I'm sure they will be much loved and appreciated.

Suzie Sews said...

WOW...I am loving these

Carol Van Rooy said...

Is there a pattern for these???

AJ said...

What an awesome idea! Did you come up with it?