Thursday, December 06, 2007

Friendship...the cyber kind ;o)

When I started this blog, just over a year ago, I had no idea how many people I would "meet" in blogland. I just thought it would be a great way to share a little of what I was doing in my quilting "studio"..(make that the end of my dining room..LOL) I soon realized that blogging is a lot more than that..Everyone you "meet" has a story and you soon learn about the quilters, sewers and crafters through their memes and their blogs. You share the laughs and sorrows of their life and even though we live in a fast moving world...some how I feel more connected because of my cyber friends. I'm amazed at the talent that I'm lucky enough to read about every day. I am also lucky to have all of YOU..my cyber friends, who give me encouragement through your comments. I feel "normal" when I read your stories, your mistakes and your quirks. I know now, I'm not all that different and somehow that makes me feel better.

One of you (Kate) was kind enough to share some of her beautiful work with me and send me a postcard. I was thrilled to receive it today..so thank you Kate...and thank you to all of you that come back and read my two cents. I may not always reply to every comment, but my heart is warmed by your feedback.

Merry Christmas, I hope you all have a safe and festive December!

11 comments:

Kim said...

I just know I must be counted in those numbers! So, thank you! I can only agree with all you had to say about our fellow bloggers. I believe the majority of quilters who share our blog lines are kind, caring and very REAL people who are generous in sharing the joy of quilting, crafting...life.

Merry Christmas :)

atet said...

And a very Merry Christmas to you too!

Finn said...

Hi Jane, just popping in to say "hello" and a very Merry Christmas to you also.
Beautiful pictures in your post today...one can feel the warmth and joy of the season in your pictures.
I'm so happy that you ventured into blogland...it's a most amazing world...almost like magic, you can't see it but it's there. The connect to others across the world is priceless. We are more the same, than different. I'm so happy to know you are 'there', doiing much the same as I am 'here'.
Love the 2 tops in 2 days...now slow down and wait for the rest of us!! Hugs, Finn

Elaine Adair said...

How lovely you expressed the way that many of us Bloggers feel about this method of communicating. Same here! It's especially nice to read that others struggle with the same 'issues' I struggle with. Thank you for your post, especially today.

loulee1 said...

Merry Christmas Jane ((HUGS))

katelnorth said...

Yep, that's the way I feel, too. Hence the card :)

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, thanks for posting the picture of the card Jane. I've been trying to think of something small for a few friends and a postcard/ornament will probably be just the ticket!

Lynda said...

Jane, I am lucky enough to know you in both the physical and blogging worlds and it's thanks to you that I have entered this other reality. It's the perfect medium for quilters, as they are generally sharing and caring people, and you are very much numbered amongst them. Happy Christmas to you and all your family.

gwen said...

I wish you a Happy Christmas and congratulations on your Blog anniversary! I am sure you will have as much fun next year posting and reading quiltblogs. Take care.

Carole said...

Yea, I'm with you on blogging! Wonderful people out there! Merry Christmas to you too!

Christine Thresh said...

I am so glad to have discovered your blog. I'm looking forward to reading it regularly.
Merry Christmas from me on an island in the California Delta.