Friday, November 02, 2007

What's on my Bed...

Nicole over at Sister's Choice has challenged a few people to share "What's on your Bed?" The idea is to photograph the quilt that is currently on your bed and post about it. I thought I'd jump on the band wagon too (as I'm a bit thin on posting material) to share with you the Storm at Sea quilt that is currently on my bed and while I'm at it the quilt that is on my youngest daughter's bed. The Storm at Sea quilt is about 6 or 7 years old and it is all machined pieced and machine quilted. The Feathered Star quilt is about 5 years old and is machine pieced and all hand quilted.
Not much else happening quilting wise...seems as soon as I've got some time to think about sewing, something else comes up! Oh well!
Have a good weekend!

16 comments:

Lisa D. said...

Jane - your bed quilts are just beautiful, especially the Feathered Star! Thanks for posting pictures!

Nicole said...

Jane, your quilts are beautiful! One of my earlier quilts was a small Storm at Sea, which I gave to my mother. I have always wanted to make a larger version. That Feathered Star is awesome. Now that must have been a project!

Lynda said...

I love the storm at sea block - have just got to grips with it, and love your two colour version. The feathered star is something I would like to do in the future, especially after seeing your fabulous one.

Katherine said...

Gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing these beauties.

mountain-quiltist said...

Love that storm at sea quilt. I've long admired that quilt pattern and the way that secondary curved lines appear...trick of the eye I guess. Good job and thanks for giving us a peek!

loulee1 said...

Lovely quilts Jane. Tell me is blue one of your fave colours?

Tanya said...

Beautiful quilts! I love the colors!
I've always been a fan of the feathered star pattern!

Katie said...

Stunning quilts. Love your colors in the Storm at Sea. Hmmmm....wonder what's on my bed?

Thimbleanna said...

They're beautiful Jane! I love the colors!

andsewitis Holly said...

Beautiful, Jane. I love that Storm at Sea pattern and the color combo you chose.

Su Bee said...

Wow those are beautiful! What an eye for color placement you have - so well done.
Thanks for visiting!

Perry said...

Hi, Jane. Your bed quilts are lovely. There is a lot of work in them, and you have done a beautiful job.

jeanette said...

Thank´s for your kind comment on my ufo´s! And I really like what´s on your bed :)

Karol-Ann said...

Nice bedwear!!!! :O)

ps Tell us more about your creativity when you answer my tagging!

atet said...

Lovely quilts -- I'd play along but that would mean I'd have to show photos of my room, and um, nope, that's SO not going to happen! Love the two new flimsies as well -- those gingerbread men just crack me up!

Deb said...

Both the quilts are beautiful! I'm especially fond of the storm at sea.