Monday, November 12, 2007

1 done...9 to go!

I'm really happy to tell you that I got one of my flimsies finished! (notice the updated bar on the side ;o) It's the Gingerbread Man quilt that will be donated to Project Linus UK. It has a finished size of approx. 50" x 50" and was all machine pieced and machine quilted. I decided to quilt through the lattice with an elongated decorative stitch on my machine. My DD1 thinks it looks a bit like the squiggly icing you get on gingerbreads. The set-in triangles and the outer border are quilted with a big meandering stitch. Both my machine and I were playing nicely and the stitches were nice and even! It quilted up incredibly quickly...probably only a couple of hours. If you want to see more detailed pictures of the quilt and the quilting, they are posted in my flickr account.

Do you like my fancy frames for my pictures? They are thanks to an on-line toy found on Big Huge Labs. I used the Framer tool to enhance my quilt pix and I've also used it to make a Canadian postage stamp of this cutie that was posing in my garden yesterday. Have a good one!




18 comments:

Anina said...

I do just love these little gingerbread men. I'm starting to slowly get into the Christmas spirit.

Hedgehog said...

I still LOVE this quilt!! Congrats on getting it finished. I still hope to make something with your inspiration!

Wendy said...

Oh what a sweet Gingerbread quilt. Great job on finishing it.

Vicki W said...

I love this quilt more every time I see it!

Lynda said...

The quilt looks great, although the setting looks more like gymnastic gingerbreadmen than dancing ones! ;) (Probably a good idea for those fat little men to be exercising actually.) The quilting looks great too.

Norma said...

That is such a cute quilt!

Thimbleanna said...

Boy, some lucky child is going to get one adorable quilt! Great job Jane!

anne bebbington said...

Well done on a great finish - some little person will really love it!

Grazia said...

Very lovely quilt!!!!
God bless you and the child that will receive this one! Well done....brava!!!
Pitcure frames are really pretty!
Bye
Grazia (from Italy)

joyce said...

The gingerberad men are very cute indeed. Somebody will just love this quilt.

Andrea said...

What a great quilt for Linus ! Sure a child somewhere will treasure it. Isn't it great when you get the quilting done with no probs ?

Kim said...

Lively, happy looking gingerbread men quilt! :) Do you use a domestic machine for the quilting?

Verry Sherry said...

verry cute!

Berglind said...

It's going to be a lucky person who gets your gingerbread-men :)
Berglind

Suzie Sews said...

adorable

Nan said...

I absolutely love that quilt, Jane! It is the cutest! I also love your blog, and I thank you for visiting me so I could discover you! I shall return for sure!

Tip Junkie said...

WOW!!! It turned out amazing. I love it.

Susan said...

Jane, I remember seeing your gingerbread quilt last year and found it again. Is this your pattern? I would love to make one with your permission of course! This time of year makes me think of gingerbread men...