Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Four things..and 100 posts!

I had such great plans for my 100th post, but this week hasn't exactly panned out the way I had hoped. You know that when you send your little ones off to school that they might learn a thing or two...perhaps some Math, English, and some manners...like how to be kind and share. It's this last skill that I need to fine tune..we share our toys, the remote to the TV.... but we DON'T share the germs we get from school! We don't give them to Mommy and make her have a poorly tummy!! Yes folks, unfortunately my daughter (age 4) decided to share something with me that she caught at school and as a result I have lost a few days. I'm just about keeping my head above water, but had my day turned upside down when I had to collect DD2 from school at lunch time as she made a "dramatic exit" I won't give you any details...I'm sure you can all figure it out on your own :o)

On to nicer things...Karol-Ann tagged me for this meme..so sit back you may get even more information than you wanted!

4 jobs I have had:
*I've worked at Dunkin Donuts
*I worked in a pet store..my department was the rodent dept. so I know a thing or two about hamsters!
*I sold computers before the time of Pentiums and even told customers that computers would never get faster than they were in 1993!
*Currently, I work as a Playgroup Assistant and a lunch time supervisor for a nursery (technically that's 2, but I'm counting it as one)

4 films I could watch over and over:
*Singing in the Rain
*How to make an American Quilt
*Anne of Green Gables Series
*Pride and Prejudice (the original with Colin Firth...grrr :o)

4 TV shows I watch:
*Lost
*Heroes
*Ugly Betty (drives the DH nuts!)
*Top Gear (the comedy between Richard Hammond, James May and Jeremy Clarkson is fantastic..and I could care less about the cars!!)

4 places I have lived:
*Montreal, Quebec, Canada
*Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
*London, England
*Rugby, Warwickshire, England

4 favorite foods:
*dark chocolate (Lindor is my favourite)
*wine (ok it's not a food per say...but I do like a nice glass of red wine)
*avocado..no salad is complete without it
*hearts of palm...yummy! Either you know about it or you don't, but it's in the canned section of the grocery store near the hearts of artichoke (it's a bit like artichoke) and is great in salad.
(Not bad..2/4 are healthy foods :o)

4 favorite colors:
*Blue
*Purple
*Red
*Gold

4 places I'd love to be right now:
*In the middle of a big quilting shop with a £500 voucher!
*In front of my sewing machine, with the dinner cooked and 5 hours of free time!
*On holiday with my DH (without kids...sorry DD1 and DD2)
*At a spa..I'm guessing that would be fun..though I've never tried it!

4 names I love but could/would not use for my children:
*Arthur (after my Dad..) didn't get to use it as I have girls!
*Isabel (mine and my sister's middle name.. as do many others in the family. It was my grandmother's name and she was very well liked. Didn't use it as it's been used a lot!)
*Jane (I like my name..but could never have a Jane Jr!)
*Edward (one of my father's middle names)

4 people I'd love to tag with this Meme: (don't think you've been tagged)
Linda
Kate
Fiona
Sarah Jayne

As for my 100th post, I will do a give-away, but it might be delayed a bit..or I might wait and do a grand one for my bloganniversary in November.

TTFN,

8 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

Very interesting and thanks for playing! I would love to be ALL the places you would love to be (But do you think £500 would be enough LOL).

Get well soon - I too have had the lurgy (pesky kids LOL) and just can't shake it. I feel better for a few days, then dreadful again... the only good thing is my jeans fit :O)

Sarah Jayne said...

Thanks for tagging me. I wondered what to blog about tonight.

katelnorth said...

Actually, funny you should mention hamsters - DD1 is desperate for a pet, so there has been serious hamster talk in our house this week. Any advice? I've never had hamsters - cats, dogs, fish, guinea pigs, hermit crabs even, but not hamsters...

Thimbleanna said...

Interesting reading and good to get to know you a bit better. Hope you're over the worst of your illness and on to a speedy recovery!

anne bebbington said...

Thought something must've been amiss as you've been unusually quiet - hope you're on the mend now - how generous kids are with their germs.

Only £500 eh? I could make a much bigger hole than that!

Anonymous said...

I've got an idea for your 100th post giveaway - what about a roadkill hippo?....

Katie said...

Wow. 100! Very cool.

kcamou said...

Oh, I am so sorry about the germs your child shared with you. Mine share with me EVERY single time! I guess it is partially my fault for loving on them so much. I loved getting to know you better, great answers!