Friday, August 10, 2007

Ostrich 2006 - DONE!

Hey Sally, I got it finished!!! Here's my completed Ostrich Challenge quilt that Sally organized on the BQL (British Quilting list) in 2006. We all started with an orphan block, then each month we were given a theme or a block to inspire us for the next round. I wanted to use some of the hand dyed fabric I had accumulated from my dyeing experiments. I'm quite pleased with the results, though it is much brighter than anything else I've made.






And to pique your interest, here are some 1/2 square triangles in the making...hmmm I wonder what they'll become?


13 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

Well done Jane! Mines basted, but nowhere near quilted!!

Doodlebug Gail said...

That's lovely Jane - it looks really big. Is it?

anne bebbington said...

Well done Jane - mine's in a carrier bag at the back of a cupboard sulking because it needs a heap of applique and I keep ignoring it!

Leigh said...

What a lovely quilt Jane.

Fiona said...

Lovely - I like bright!

Wendy said...

I love the sunburst, it's a beautiful quilt.

Andrea said...

I love it too ! Very unusual and great hand dyed fabrics. Well done !

Helen said...

Hi Jane

I love this quilt. What a great job you have done of it. If it is too bright for you I know where it would find a good home :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog - you will be in the draw!

Penny said...

The swirling star block in the first picture is really nice and unusual.

katepang said...

brilliant jane - but I've been wondering for ages - what does the ostrich mean?

Lynda said...

Jane, I must say that your blog is my inspiration. Lots of quilt stuff, a few pictures of family/trips etc but just a bit, and a great layout. Interested to see what the half square triangles are for!

Gretchen said...

Just beautiful!

Tanya said...

Hey, that is one gorgeous quilt! I love the way hand dyed fabrics sew up. Congratulations!

Sorry to hear that you've been ill. Take care of yourself.