Monday, August 06, 2007

On the mend...

I'm slowly getting back to normal. I want to thank you all for your kind comments and emails. I'm going take things slowly...I certainly don't want a relapse of this chest infection!
I got the camera out today and took a couple of pictures. First is a tiny quilt 18" square that I have made for a tiny treasure. Upon my return from my holiday I had an email from my cousin telling me she had her baby 11 weeks early. She had a little girl and she only weighed 2 lbs 4 oz when she was born. Since then I have spoken to my aunt and heard that she is getting stronger by the day. I wanted to make something quick so that perhaps it might add a bit of colour at the hospital in the weeks to come..and later it can be used as a doll quilt. I want to send it off tomorrow. I hope she likes it.

The second picture is a picture of the squishy that Karol-Ann sent me as a thank you for the book she won on the give-away I did last month. She has sent me some fantastic African fabrics.

Lastly I want to tell you to check out my friend Lynda's new blog Master of Patience?. She is a very talented quilter and is hilariously funny and I'm really looking forward to seeing what she publishes on her blog...make sure you pop by and say hello.

13 comments:

Karol-Ann said...

That's a sweet little quilt - I'm sure it will brighten up the baby's hospital stay!!

Glad to hear you are on the mend. As you say take it slow and soon you'll be your perky old self LOL

Holly said...

A darling little quilt :)

Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment. I'm glad I found your place :)

Anina said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.
That little quilt is absolutely adorable. The colors are so sweet and feminine.

Thimbleanna said...

I love your little quilt -- it will be just perfect. So glad you are feeling better.

Leigh said...

What an adorable little quilt. I,m sure you're cousin will be thrilled to have it.
Glad you're feeling better.

Connie W said...

The quilt is lovely. Glad to read that you're getting better.

katepang said...

Hi! Hope you are feeling better - rotten luck at this time of year. Karol-Ann sent me some African fabric too - would love to see what you make with yours (no pressure!).

Andrea said...

What a cute quilt ! Sure it will be much admired and put to good use. Hope you're fully recovered soon !

Lynda (Granny K) said...

There are some really nasty bugs around just now. Hooray for antibiotics!
Love the little quilt, i'm sure it will be well received.

Quilting Diva said...

I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend.

Qalballah said...

Just wanted to wave and say hi. Just found your blog but love the quilt that greeted me :)

Nicole said...

What a sweet baby quilt. It will surely be a treat for both mom and baby!
Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Isn't it just the worst when you are laid low by some nasty infection?

Grazia said...

Very cute little quilt for the baby!!!!
The African fabrics are lovely.
Grazia