Sunday, August 19, 2007

On the mend (Part II)

Dare I say it (in whispered tones) ...I'm feeling better...again. I'm not quite back to my usual self and I still tire quite quickly, but I'm coughing less and don't feel so horrible. All your lovely well wishing was so kind..so thank you for leaving me comments. It did brighten my day.

I did get some sewing done and put together a row with the little red blocks. I used them as flowers and used bias vines as stems that all come down to a pot. Unfortunately I didn't think of the logistics of 9 vines all converging to the same point...and it was at this point that I left it for two days to contemplate a solution. Anne (Quilting Bebbs) offered an ideal solution of having some of the vines tuck into other vines thus reducing the amount that actually make it down to the pot. So thank you Anne..as you can see your suggestion worked very well and allowed me to add a few leaves.

The plot of this mystery quilt..or as I can now reveal quilts will soon be shown....well as soon as I get the borders on :o)

17 comments:

Andrea said...

This looks great so far - can't wait to see what it becomes !

Holly said...

I was wondering what you were up to with the bear paws - how delightful! Surprises that bring smiles. I look forward to seeing the rest.

Karol-Ann said...

You really are the best tease around LOL. Nice work too!

Christy said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Jane.

I can't wait to see the finished quilts!

Lynda said...

It all looks very nifty, jane. the stems look fine, and I didn't realise there were actually too many for the ones coming out of the pot! What a clever solution!
(Glad you're on the mend.)

anne bebbington said...

Glad to be of service (tic) but it looks lovely! Can't wait to see what ekse you do with it - glad you sound to be on the mend - look after yourself and don't try to do too much too soon

Vicki W said...

that's a really pretty piece! thank you for visiting my blog today. I had not found yours yet but it's going in my reader now.

Juliann in WA said...

This is a lovely quilt! I like the colors and the vines.

Anina said...

It's lovely. I'm amazed at what you accomplished, even while being so sick!

CONNIE W said...

Pretty quilt project! Keep on the mend until you're back to 100% and take care!

Fiona said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better and that the creative urge is being satisfied! Did you manage to get to the Festival of Quilts or were you not up to it?

Sarah Jayne said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and up to some sewing...

Leigh said...

This row looks great, cant wait to see the reat.

katepang said...

This is really pretty! I love the idea of making the vines grow out of each other (Well done Ann!), it makes the quilt more assymmetric, which is a quality I always love.

Glad you are on the mend, and I hope it doesn't come back. I was ill constantly last year, and am still feeling the effects from having fallen so far behind in my work.

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, I really like the flower pot with the pieced flowers! I would have expected applique, but I love the pieced look (and I much prefer doing piecing!).
Cheri

amandajean said...

I love this quilt!

glad to hear that you are feeling better.

wyndesnow said...

How beautiful. I never would have thought to use bear paws as flowers. Oh that gives me so many ideas. Thanks for sharing.